Job title: Opening/Legal Assistant
Company: Rubenstein Law, P.A.
Job description: Company Overview
Rubenstein law was founded in 1988 and is recognized as one of the premier injury firms in Florida. Over the years, Rubenstein law has grown from a leading auto and slip fall accident firm in Miami to being recognized across the state for our personal injury practice handling all types of injury and accident claims. We have a dedicated team that devotes all their time to representing multiple clients nationwide who have been injured.
Despite our growth, we continue to succeed by hiring a diverse team of highly skilled attorneys and dedicated staff who focus on putting our clients first and maximizing results. We were honored as a Top Workplace on Sun-Sentinel’s annual Best of List in 2018 and 2019.
The Opening Legal Assistant processes, reviews, and updates all information provided and/or obtained at case inception, focusing on the client’s initial medical treatment, locating insurance information, requesting supporting documents, and placing all parties on notice.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Process and send representation letters to parties involved in the case, e.g., private attorneys, insurance companies, and medical providers.
- Request supporting documents from all facilities in which a service was provided. i.e., Hospitals, Fire rescue, treating facilities, and Specialist visits.
- Establish claims with insurance parties involved, i.e., Liability insurance and PIP insurance.
- Review and process correspondence received regarding the case file.
- Research and locate all possible Defendants and Insurance coverage.
- Be the backup to the Front Desk.
- Additional administrative duties assigned as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Comfortable working with computer programs.
- Highly organized, able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Prior experience preferred, but not required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) – required.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plus 7-paid holidays
- Staff and Attorney bonuses
- Medical Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision, STD & LTD, and other medical coverages)
- Group and Optional Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 401(k) with company matching
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Plantation, FL
Job date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 23:04:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!