Job title: Operating Technician Manufacturing
Job description: WELCOME TO SHERWIN-WILLIAMS
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
This position is responsible for setting up finishing machines on final assembly, operating in a safe manner, and attaining cosmetic and quality specifications and meeting or exceeding efficiency standards.
Major Tasks Include:
- Proper set up of all machines and support equipment per set up instruction guidelines, pile height, and final set up to attain cosmetic and quality specifications, ensuring that the product coming off the line meets or exceeds specifications
- Monitoring product for fabric gaps and overlaps
- Ensuring empty tube carts are put in their proper location
- Operating packaging equipment
- Performing basic and routine maintenance on the equipment, ensuring they are clean and free from grease and epoxy
- Checking lint removal system and removing bags from the dust collector to ensure proper operation
- Assisting in continuous improvement projects
- Accurate reporting on production counts, logs and paperwork
- Participating in housekeeping activities that is a reflection of a safe and clutter free work environment
- Continuously advocating and practicing the principals of the safety program
- Participating in the site safety committee meetings and activities
- Performing other job related duties as assigned
- Adhere to attendance policy
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country for which you are applying for employment without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend, and communicate in English
- Must be able to work overtime with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have 6 months of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- One year of experience working with machinery in a manufacturing environment
- One year of experience working in packaging or operations
- Experience monitoring quality of raw materials or finished goods
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Nightshift: Shift Differential $1/HR
External Hires: Potential retention bonus of up to $1500
Location: Crisfield, MD
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 01:39:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!