Job title: Operations Manager – Transportation (Supply Chain/Logistics)
Job description: Are you an energetic and team-oriented leader focused on commitment to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
Do you have a proven record of leadership excellence and a history of leading teams to consistently exceed established goals in dynamic operational environments?
Do you have a proven ability to recruit, train, develop, communicate with and retain team members?
Do you have a demonstrated ability to develop forward looking plans and turn those plans into successful execution?
Penske Logistics is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of logistics professionals in Swedesboro, NJ. The Operations Manager provides direction at a single location, leading the team to ensure customer requirements – supporting our customer’s chain of convenience store/gas stations located along the east coast – are achieved while meeting our Penske goals and objectives. We are seeking a candidate to provide leadership at a fast-paced operation where the Transportation team consists of 150+ drivers and 10 leading/supporting roles operating in a 24/7/365 environment. Monday-Friday role with weekend coverage as needed. A candidate with food, multi-temp, and/or multi-stop experience supporting production is preferred.
Lead teams in a dynamic operational environment, to consistently exceed established goals, demonstrate a commitment to customers and a dedication to excellence and innovation. Develop forward looking plans and turn those plans into successful execution. Effectively manage resources to achieve operational excellence and meet or exceed the site financial operating plan. Implement and maintain an incident free safety culture at the operation.
- Lead a culture of safety through personal example; Coach through safety observations
- Ensure each associate understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group’s role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe workplace
- Identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies, company policies and procedures
- Establish trust and effective relationships with associates and external customers.
- Ensure that supervisors and associates are trained, understand how their work relates to the customers’ business objectives, and execute as expected. and sustain that we recruit, hire, train, develop and retain quality associates.
- Build and sustain effective two-way communications that informs and motivates, recognizes excellence among team members, as well as holding the team accountable for results.
- Work with subordinates and supporting staff to recruit, train, develop and retain a strong team.
- Meet or exceed all customer key performance metrics and objectives
- Interact daily with local customer to ensure existing and emerging customer needs are understood
- Lead team to identify operational improvements in areas such as route optimization and trailer utilization
- Collaborate with other Penske sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
- Collaborate in the development of and lead the team to exceed the Business Plan.
- Lead the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets
- Identify issues with the main drivers of the P&L, and make required adjustments in a timely manner
- Ensure associate payroll and customer billing reports are prepared accurately and timely
- Lead effort to improve fleet/equipment utilization, maintenance availability and fuel efficiency
- Contribute to equipment specification at time of start-up and renewal
- Build a strong working relationship with local PTL district and other equipment vendors
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 5+ years related functional experience
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Understanding of DOT compliance and regulations required.
- High School degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred
- Proficiency with tools including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have ability to connect and build rapport and relationships with associates and external customers at all levels
- Must have ability to work efficiently with solid time management and organizational skills, with follow-up and follow through
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute towards an annual financial operating plan
- Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility for running the operation with a sense of urgency
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
– The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.¬ Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
– The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
– While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
– Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 05:09:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!