Job title: Ophthalmology Veterinary Doctor Coordinator – Part Time – Days
Job description: Description
MedVet is a fast-growing Emergency and Specialty provider with practices nationwide. We help our patients receive advanced medical treatments and innovations. Things like chemotherapy and radiation, cardiac ablations, treatments for glaucoma, physical rehabilitation, dermatology and so much more! We are looking for collaborative and driven people to join our clinical team.
We thrive on people living out our core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion to get their job done. Use your passion to drive the MedVet experience for our clients and patients, as well as your teammates.
We are looking for:
Ophthalmology Veterinary Doctor Coordinator
The Ophthalmology team is unique in that it specializes in appointment-based patient care, as well as assisting and preparing for surgeries. Ophthalmology is a fast-paced service with a high caseload, alternating between appointment and surgery days.
What you’ll do:
- Directly supports specific doctor(s)for a given shift; may support different doctors within a department at different times
- Ensures follow through of departmental workflow for the supported doctor(s)
- Collaborates on scheduling of consults, transfers, and diagnostics
- Delegates team responsibilities as appropriate to team members (rounding cases, planning and managing diagnostic scheduling and information, etc.)
- Acts as point of contact for referral partner transfers/inquiries if doctor is unavailable
- Provides departmental client communication for cases (i.e. concerns, care plan discussions, Q&A in absence of doctor, etc.)
- Drafts medical record documentation for supported doctor(s). Creates initial patient history, documents/gathers initial vital statistics and treatment orders, scribes referral letter and discharge/dismissal letter for doctor review.
- Monitors e-mails and voicemails for doctor(s)
- Assists with and ensures completion of outpatient procedures as required by doctor(s) (bandage changes, post-operative radiographs, diagnostic samples, medication administration, etc.)
- May escort outpatient clients to and from exam rooms and prepare/maintain exam rooms
- May act as a mentor or trainer for team members
- May coordinate and delegate prescription refills to team members
Who you are:
- Prior veterinary experience required, previous emergency experience desired
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits include:
- Strong career growth and personal development opportunities
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental
- HSA, FSA and Independent Care Spending
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning on your first day
- Shift Differentials and On-call Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Pet Discounts and Pet Insurance
- Elective Short-Term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance and company paid Long Term Disability
- Continuing Education Opportunities and Assistance Program
Come as you are. MedVet is an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment with MedVet is dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
MedVet does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters.
Job date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 06:54:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!