Job title: Part-time Airport Advertising Manager
Company: Lamar Advertising
Job description: Description :
The purpose of the Airport Advertising Manager is to meet and exceed sales projections by selling advertising to qualified advertisers using professional sales techniques. Additionally, this position manages an airport’s advertising concessionaire program, cultivates positive and lasting relationships with Airport Authority personnel, and provides local oversight to administrative and operational employees. The position is the primary contact for Lamar National Sales, and coordinates with other departments to ensure products and services are delivered by scheduled deadlines, including collections.
The Transit & Airport division of Lamar Advertising takes advertisements street-level and delivers the advertising message to drivers and pedestrians in a fresh, non-conventional way. We assist local, regional, and national advertisers reach their target audience on the go – where they live, work, shop, dine, play, and everywhere in between.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business for over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
Want to hear more about Lamar? Check out these videos:
This is a part-time position; the hourly rate is $20 / hour.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed sales objectives in assigned market(s) by promoting and selling airport advertising through a relationship-based approach.
- Develop relationships with local businesses, acquire new advertisers and maintain existing accounts. This includes prospecting new clients for business, making sales presentations, negotiating rates, closing deals, and providing customer service and after the sale.
- Personally contacts and secures new business accounts through presenting products to existing/potential customers and assisting them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Identify potential growth areas and open new accounts.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory to generate new business for the organization’s products daily.
- Maintain and grow a personal account list. This involves making telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers weekly.
- Meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue objectives.
- Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, administrative, and operations groups ensuring all groups are efficient and effective.
- Share pipeline report with Manager weekly on the designated day and time.
- Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for the market.
- Responsible for supplying management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and service areas.
Airport Concession Functions and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain positive relationship with Airport Authority staff and hold regular calls and/or meetings (Weekly, Monthly, and/or Quarterly) in support of relationship.
- Respond to Airport Authority staff promptly and professionally.
- Notify Airport Fulfillment Team, Airport Services, and National Sales of inventory location changes or adjustments.
- Market Liaison for Airport Office Manager and Airport Billing team to ensure accuracy of monthly Airport revenue reporting.
- National Sales Respondent Functions and Responsibilities
- Respond to National Sales and National Account Services Manager requests timely and within established response guidelines.
- Monitor current National campaign end dates and proactively provide National Sales with appropriate renewal opportunity.
- Liaison with National Account Services Manager and inform National Sales of upcoming market major events and opportunities.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
- Speak on a one-to one basis using appropriate vocabulary and grammar to obtain information, explain policies and procedures, and persuade others
- Ability to make oral presentations to provide information or explain policies and procedures.
- Skill in speaking with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- General knowledge of the local and national media trends, which includes companies outside of Lamar
- Ability to explain the outdoor advertising business to customers and account executives from installation and product standpoints.
- Work independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction
- Work under general direction and resolve most conflicts that may arise independently
- Initiate various projects and assignments
- Analyze information, problems, or situations to define problems, identify concerns/patterns, and formulate logical conclusions
- Ability to perform effectively under fluctuating workloads.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and general computer proficiency.
- Maintain professional appearance
- Must have full-time access to a reliable vehicle for work Monday-Friday
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field is preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- 2-3 years of successful business to business sales experience required.
- Advertising/media sales experience required.
- Proven relationships with area clients, established track record of selling to local and direct clients preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The primary work environment for this position is an office, airport, and/or a vehicle.
- The physical requirements for this position include light lifting, pushing, reaching, seeing (which include reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting more than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, and climbing.
- Ability to install physical signs as needed.
- Nights spent away from home are less than 10%.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic
Disability Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a disability. Please take a moment to watch for clarification on why we’re asking for this information!
California Resident Disclaimer: California Residents – Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary course of considering job applicants. This information may include, for example, name, address, phone number and other contact information, employment history and reference contact information, and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this information.
Federal Vaccine Mandate: As a federal contractor, Lamar may be required to comply with federal contractor COVID-19 vaccine mandates depending on the outcome of pending litigation. If these mandates are upheld, at time of hire, all employees would be required a) to submit their vaccination status and b) to submit proof of their vaccination. If an accommodation request is necessary, you will have the opportunity to submit a request after you receive a conditional offer of employment, if selected to fill this role. All accommodation requests are subject to review and could result in a denial.
Expected salary: $20 per hour
Location: Amarillo, TX
Job date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 02:19:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!