Job title: Part time job at Mad Science
Company: Mad Science
Job description: Job Summary
At Mad Science we are having a BLAST! We pay you to have fun! Build and fly rockets, demonstrate lasers, explore the states of matter using dry ice, and help children create slime and other polymers. You will inspire the next generation of scientists through our innovative activities that show kids what science is really all about.
As a Mad Scientist you will lead students through an inquiry-based discovery method involving instructor demonstrations, hands-on activities and amazing take-home projects that will illustrate how science affects the world around us. Mad Science is the world’s leading provider of fun science programs for elementary-aged children.
We are currently looking for energetic individuals to join our growing team to conduct exciting science programs during after-school hours. You do NOT need to be a certified teacher, nor do you need to be a science major.
- Facilitating a one-hour after-school science enrichment program using a pre-set curriculum.
- Each session is a high-energy, part entertainment, part education, hands-on class that meets for one-hour each week for 8-10 weeks.
- Enjoy teaching young children the art of science!
- Some experience working with groups of elementary age (4-12) children (such as CCD instructor or camp counselor).
- Must be available at least two weekdays after 2 pm.
- Must have a reliable car
- All employees will be fingerprinted for criminal background checks(required)
- One afternoon must be Friday for weekly equipment exchange meetings
- Minimum of 2 years of college completed. Degrees and/or graduate degrees a plus.
- Have a fun & outgoing personality
We train you in the curriculum, and provide all materials. Mad Science classes follow the school calendar and are presented year round. This is part-time and rewarding work if it fits with your schedule and lifestyle.
Expected salary: $30 – 35 per hour
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 23:31:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!