Job title: Patent Agent (Manager), Consumer Health Business
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Job description: Job Description:
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Patent Agent (Manager) located in Skillman, NJ, or Fort Washington, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
You will use scientific and technical expertise to serve as the primary point of contact between the in-house patent legal group and the various research teams within Consumer Health R&D that develop new products and discover new technology. As a creative driver of technology for the Consumer Health R&D sector you will collaborate with members of the legal group to identify innovations and enable commercially significant inventions to be protected by valid patents in the data analytics and computer science space as well as working in the classical R&D space including new product design, formulations and process improvements, while avoiding infringement of valid third-party patents. With oversight from a patent attorney, you will provide advice and direction on patent matters to the R&D teams as they develop innovative technologies.
- Assist attorneys to perform critical reviews of patents, to draft patent applications, patent amendments, analyze patent opinions and other patent-related documents for technical accuracy and full protection of company inventions and function as a liaison between research scientists and patent attorneys.
- Collaborate closely with R&D personnel to perform comprehensive searches of patent databases for invalidity, patentability, landscape and freedom to operate searches.
- Perform technical analysis of third party’s patents in distinct technology areas to identify and/or assess potential third-party patent considerations.
- Ensure detailed instruction is provided to researchers and inventors regarding legal requirements for a patentable invention and assist in the preparation of invention disclosures.
- Provide advice and leadership to R&D and commercial personnel regarding patent and trade secret matters and displays ability to independently identify and develop IP strategies to benefit the business.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the business, including current research activities, products in development, the current commercial product offerings and existing IP portfolio.
- Attend and participate in Law Department, R&D and business meetings related to such activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. An advanced degree in computer sciences, computer engineering, digital health, electrical or electromechanical engineering with experience in the life sciences or consumer products industry; or an advanced degree in medical sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, bioengineering or pharmaceutical sciences with experience in digital platforms, digital applications or computer science is preferred.
- At least three years working as a Patent Agent, Patent Liaison or Scientific Advisor Role in a corporate law department and/or law firm is required.
- Excellent organizational, interdependent partnering and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, as well as strong interpersonal skills, including emotional intelligence.
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and OneNote).
- Experience searching patent and scientific literature databases is preferred.
- Registered U.S. Patent Agent, or otherwise take and pass the U.S. Patent Agent Examination within two years of hire.
- Experience with combination technology systems (e.g., software accompanying consumer products or devices, with relevant examples including Neutrogena’s Skin360® or Nicorette’s SmartTrack™)
- Knowledge of competitive technologies in the consumer product space including: skin health, baby, beauty, cleansing, oral care, wound care, health and wellness, and over-the-counter (OTC) products
- A minimum of one year of post-degree laboratory experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience drafting patent applications and prosecuting patents is preferred.
- Intermittent travel to domestic and internal sites for office training and conferences up to 5% may be required.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-199 Grandview Road
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Location: Skillman, NJ – Fort Washington, PA
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 03:49:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!