Job title: Pension Accounting Analyst
Company: Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Job description: Requisition Id 8583
The position provides accounting and treasury support for the Oak Ridge National Laboratory’s (ORNL) $2.2B pension plan as well as other benefit plans at ORNL. This position will provide support for Pension Benefit Administration adhering to DOE, ERISA, DOL, and IRS requirements. Position will also serve as the liaison for and will be responsible for applying these regulations to the ORNL pension plan financials.
- Work with external and internal auditors to ensure that the Pension Plans are compliant and up to date with ASC GAAP and reporting requirements
- Collaborate with trustee/custodian and internal staff to ensure timely deposit of employee and employer contributions
- Identify and advise on any pension plan corrective distributions
- Monitor pension plan expenses for settlor vs. non-settlor expenses
- Process payment of vendor invoices
- Reconcile all contributions and distributions into the Pension Trust
- Reconcile private equity transactions to Trust Statements
- Reconcile the Pension Plan Trustee statements to ORNL Internal Records.
- Ensure timely submittal of annual state and federal tax filings required by the IRS and DOL to prevent substantial penalties and fines
- Manage internal control procedures and A123 controls for the Pension and Savings Plans
- Ensure tax filings for private equity funds are completed timely and accurately
- Manage and coordinate annual and quarterly tax payments with internal treasury and external auditor
- Prepare quarterly reporting of the internal and external pension plan expenses for the Savings and Retirement Investment Committee (SRIC)
- Manual Calculation Report
- Provide support for Pension Administration Projects
- Maintain budget and cost for Pension and Savings Plans
- Monitor Retiree return to work report
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with a minimum of 2 to 5 years of work experience in an accounting/benefits environment, or an equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience.
- Must possess a demonstrable, thorough understanding of regulations as they apply to defined benefit plans.
- The ability to develop an understanding of all pension plan vendor relationships (trustee, custodian, recordkeeper and investment managers).
- The incumbent must possess excellent analytical skills, strong interpersonal and written communication skills, and the ability to research complicated problems and formulate positions and solutions.
- Must be self-motivated and have ability to perform independent problem solving and analysis.
- Must have strong organizational skills, an ability to adapt to frequently changing requirements, and the ability to evaluate and prioritize assignments effectively to meet multiple deadlines.
- Requires high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills are required with common PC applications including Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the current ORNL Pension and Savings Plans
Measures of Effectiveness:
- Successful resolution of accounting, treasury, and pension plan issues
- Successfully performs assigned responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner
- Successfully completes special projects as assigned
- Maintains knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Proficient use of the Pension Projection System
- Works effectively with others, both internal and external to ORNL
- Effective and efficient resolution of problems and/or issues that arise
- Keeps supervisor informed of any situations that arise which may have an impact on successful and/or compliant operations
Postdocs: Applicants cannot have received their Ph.D. more than five years prior to the date of application and must complete all degree requirements before starting their appointment. The appointment length will be up to 24 months with the potential for extension. Initial appointments and extensions are subject to performance and availability of funding.
Physical Requirements: Work involves various physical requirements and working conditions. As such, a pre-hire physical will be required after offer.
Project Hire: This is a temporary assignment of X months/years with potential for extension.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Export control, no clearance: This position requires access to technology that is subject to export control requirements. Successful candidates must be qualified for such access without an export control license.
HSPD-12 PIV badge: This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain an HSPD-12 PIV badge.
Q or L clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a clearance from the Department of Energy. As such, this position is a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program.
Q clearance with SCI: This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance from the Department of Energy. As such, this position is a Workplace Substance Abuse (WSAP) testing designated position. WSAP positions require passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program. In addition, due the SCI, you may also be subject to random polygraph testing.
Not on LI: #LI-DNI
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email [email protected]
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 22:54:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!