Job title: Portfolio Marketing Consultant – Advanced Surgical Instruments
Job description: Careers that Change Lives
The Medical Surgical Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Engagement, the Portfolio Marketing Consultant will play a vital role in achieving ~$2B of annual revenue for the U.S. Advanced Surgical Instruments (ASI) business. In this role you will be accountable for developing and delivering on a U.S. portfolio growth strategy and key promotional tools & messaging. This is a highly visible position with the responsibility to provide national strategic leadership in collaboration with the Marketing team, Portfolio Managers and key stakeholders to accelerate revenue, grow market share and grow disease state penetration. You will focus on expanding our current position in focus specialty areas while driving growth across the portfolio and surgical modalities/approaches. In conjunction, you will have a leading voice in how we communicate to our U.S. Markets; ensuring all the technologies and product lines within the ASI business are a featured part of a broader healthcare conversation. Driving strong fundamental marketing practices, this individual will help lead the organization to achieve high growth.
This role is open to remote within the United States for exceptionally qualified candidates.
A Day in the Life
- Develop holistic portfolio direction and messaging across all AS technologies and services to support the commercial growth strategy in open, MIS and RAS surgical approaches.
- Execute multi-channel campaigns and programs to enforce customer perception of Medtronic as a leader in innovation and long-term partnership.
- Align with cross-functional partners to proliferate high level messaging in appropriate customer engagements and touch points.
- Work with key cross-functional partners to identify new opportunities to drive incremental growth and market share gain within the ASI organization.
- Develop and execute programs for strategic levers/co-sells, specialty/custom bundling, identify areas for additional value outside of product offerings, evaluate expanded growth opportunities with current product portfolio, and drive initiatives for long-term partnership commitment and contractual excellence to defend and grow the business.
- Support the ASI Portfolio Managers with the development and execution of campaigns promoting new and changing contract offerings.
- Champion the voice of customers throughout ASI organizational processes.
- Create and shape the ongoing conversation with the market and give voice to current and future customers through expertise in insight generation and activation.
- Deliver proprietary insight into the commercial organization and support the execution of the customer viability process through advisory boards and critical customer engagements and partnerships.
Travel approximately 20%
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
To be considered, these minimum qualifications must be evident on your resume:
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in product management with demonstrated increased responsibility within the medical device or healthcare field, or advanced degree with a minimum of 8 years’.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communication,
- Proven track record of driving results with strategy development and execution
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage concurrent, complex assignments under limited direction
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in a matrix organization
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and complete financial/profitability analysis, project sales forecasts, and quantitative market segmentation models
- Strong understanding of surgical procedures and product performance
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and lead others
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Excellent IT skills, including all Microsoft packages
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Jul 7, 2022
- Travel: Yes,
Location: North Haven, CT
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 06:13:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!