Job title: Prevention/Intervention Education & Training Coordinator
Company: University of Arkansas System
Job description: Current University of Arkansas System employees (excluding those at UAMS) including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter “Find Jobs” in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position: Professional Staff – Institutional Affairs
Workstudy Position: No
Job Type: Regular
Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of America)
Sponsorship Available: No
Institution Name: University of Arkansas at Little Rock
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is a metropolitan research university that provides an accessible, quality education through flexible learning and unparalleled internship opportunities. At UA Little Rock, we prepare our more than 8,900 students to be innovators and responsible leaders in their fields. Committed to its metropolitan research university mission, UA Little Rock is a driving force in Little Rock’s thriving cultural community and a major component of the city and state’s growing profile as a regional leader in research, technology transfer, economic development, and job creation.
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please contact Human Resources at 501-916-3180.
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at 501-916-3180.
Department’s Website: midsouth.ualr.edu
Summary of Job Duties: This position is responsible for the general day-to-day activities and organization of education & training-related programming across multiple prevention/intervention programs. The Coordinator is responsible for assessment, capacity building, planning, implementing, and evaluating education & training-related programs at MidSOUTH.
This position will supervise the Prevention/Intervention Education & Training Specialist. The Coordinator will also be responsible for submitting required reports on time and consistent with the format and requirements of MidSOUTH and funders. This position reports to the Education & Training Manager. This position will work with the Prevention/Intervention Education and Training Manager and the Prevention/Intervention Education and Training Specialist to plan and implement the MidSOUTH Summer Conference. This position will work closely with the contract or grant funder while supervising the Prevention/Intervention Education and Training Specialist to meet deliverables for Medical Professionals’ opioid trainings, and the Peer Recovery Support Specialist programming to include monitoring and improving existing curricula, developing new specialty-track curricula, organizing training and events, including securing venues, promotional materials, and speakers. This position is governed by state and federal laws, and agency/institution policy.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Addiction Studies, Health Science, Public Health or Health Education, Administration, Policy/Planning, or in Community/Organizational Psychology or related field;
- Two (2) years experience in Human Welfare, Social Services, Education, Prevention Programs, Community Health, Public Health, working with coalitions, training, media campaigns, etc.;
- One (1) year’s experience with project management, or grant/contract related projects;
- One (1) year’s experience in supervision;
- Experience/credentials may be substituted for any of the above, as appropriate.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Addiction Studies, Health Science, Public Health or Health Education, Administration, Policy/Planning, or in Community/Organizational Psychology or related field;
- Three (3) years of experience providing training activities;
- Two (2) years of experience in a supervisory role;
- Experience working and/or coordinating with state agencies.
Coordination and Communication
- Assist in the coordination of statewide and regional training and conferences;
- Facilitate communication and coordination with funders and providers;
- Maintain open, effective communication with grantor and stakeholders;
- Work effectively with licensing boards as they relate to MidSOUTH programs;
- Collaborate with the target population to evaluate training needs;
- Prepare monthly reports of pertinent program activities as requested by
grantors, contractors, and/or funders.
Training and Technical Assistance
- Assist in the development of toolkits and other educational materials;
- Ability to apply evidence-based planning steps and strategies;
- Work closely with funders and other recovery providers in order to provide technical assistance and training as needed;
- Assist with funder requested conferences, training, and special events;
- Actively participate in MidSOUTH team projects as needed;
- Conduct in-person and virtual coaching sessions as requested by the funder;
- Develop content for training calendars and special training, as needed;
- Assist with the supervision of support staff, as requested by the supervisor;
- Assist with the planning and coordinating of travel arrangements for national and;
- State experts as they relate to program deliverables;
- Assist in locating and reserving training sites as needed;
- Assist in facilitating workshops and training as needed;
- Assist in researching, locating, and ordering supplies and materials as needed for training needs;
- Ensure Peer Support workforce seeking or maintaining certification are trained in applicable areas and practice fidelity;
- Remain current on changes as they relate to curriculum training and fidelity and incorporate these findings into the program, as well as share information and resources with the target population.
Administrative and Supervisory:
- Oversee the peer-certification training statewide;
- Support contract and grant missions, goals, and principles;
- Hire Contingent Workers for training and conferences and provide supervision of those workers;
- Supervise assigned project staff;
- Oversee supervision of undergraduate and graduate students, as required.
Reporting and Documentation
- Assist with collecting data and compiling monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reporting related to project activities as required;
- Assist in program documentation, evaluation, and reporting requirements.
Finance and Budgeting
- Assist with the development and management of program budgets ;
- Ensure deliverables are being met within approved budget(s).
Other Duties as Required or Assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Peer movement and Recovery, both in AR and nationally;
- Knowledge of Public relations or marketing skills;
- Knowledge of project organizations/management;
- Ability to work independently;
- Possess excellent writing, interpersonal and mediating skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks;
ssess strong leadership skills;
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment;
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment;
- Ability to make objective and ethical decisions in a multi-cultural climate;
- Ability to manage and impart information to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to travel in and out of state and overnight;
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Please upload all required documents in the “Resume” attachment section of your application (before hitting the submit button), if you want to be considered for this position.
Salary Information: $54,000
Required Documents to Apply: Cover Letter/Letter of Application, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s), Writing Sample
Special Instructions to Applicants:
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check, Financial Credit Check, Motor Vehicle Reports Check
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Constant Physical Activity: Hearing, Sitting, Talking
Frequent Physical Activity: Lifting, Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Standing
Occasional Physical Activity: Driving
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Expected salary: $54000 per year
Job date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 23:41:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!