Job title: Principal Attorney, Labor and Employment Law (Remote or On-Site)
Job description: About GlobalFoundries:
GlobalFoundries is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world’s most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GlobalFoundries makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. For more information, visit .
Summary of Role:
GF is seeking and employment law attorney to join an amazing team of legal professionals. You will be a trusted advisor and key partner to the Human Resources team and Business units, handling a full range of employment matters and key business projects.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Provide pragmatic advice on all aspects of employment and labor law issues, including recruiting, hiring, employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence, workplace accommodations, wage and hour, internal investigations, compensation and benefits, contingent workforce issues, diversity and inclusion and immigration
- Be a trusted partner to the Human Resources team to evaluate and implement employment, recruiting, and compensation practices, polices and processes.
- Handle and/or provide support on employment related per-litigation and litigation matters with minimal supervison
- Develop and conduct training and education programs for the human resources team and employees relating to employment and compliance matters
- Draft and review employment related agreement and templates
- Monitor changes and updates to employment laws and advise of developments applicable to the company and its operations
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- 6+ years of employment law experience providing advice and counsel and managing employment litigation
- JD licensed to practice law in one state, preferably NY
- Employment litigation and employment law counseling experience. Prior in-house experience in a global company, a plus
- Expert level knowledge of US employment law. Knowledge of employment law basics in various countries, particularly Germany, and Singapore, a plus
- Experience with functional service provider business models, employee leasing issues, a plus.
- Comfort and interest in learning various country employment laws and providing practical, actionable legal advice (with assistance of outside counsel as required) consistent with the company’s culture and legal risk tolerance.
- Proven project management skills designing and running large projects, keeping team members on task and driving conclusion of project on schedule.
- Practical, customer service focus on legal advice; technically strong lawyer with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong experience with non-competition agreements (interpreting and drafting), redundancies, and negotiating employment contracts and exit agreements.
- Prior experience working in a law firm handling employment litigation from investigating and responding to administrative charges, responding to complaint, conducting discovery, taking deposition, drafting motions for summary judgment and preparing for trial. Trial experience is preferred but not required.
- Proficient in providing advice and counsel including in the following areas: ADA reasonable accommodations, FMLA and other types of leaves, employee terminations, reductions in force, wage and hour (particularly exemptions), performance management, restrictive covenants, data privacy, workplace investigations, and employee relations issues. Labor and benefit experience are a plus.
- Strong influencing, relationship and collaborating skills. Able to identify and manage legal and other types of risks, and have good judgment.
- Able to analyze complex situations and develop simple, concise, and effective legal solutions. Able to build a strong partnership with key stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to be creative in approaching solutions.
- Strong decision-making skills, sometimes with limited information and time sensitive situations, and ability to drive matters to timely resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence without authority within all levels of the organization.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a sense of humor under stress and strive to be easy to work with.
- Interest in working in a matrixed and fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of employee data privacy matters.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer with GlobalFoundries is conditioned upon the successful completion of pre-employment conditions, as applicable, and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Effective January 4, 2022, GlobalFoundries will require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. GlobalFoundries will follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) definition of fully vaccinated and will require proof of vaccination. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, will have the opportunity to submit an accommodation request.
GlobalFoundries is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GlobalFoundries goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law
Location: Malta, NY
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 03:40:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!