Job title: Print Producer, Creative Operations
Company: Chow Now
Job description: Are you looking for an opportunity to use your talents and bring to life innovative projects and mission-driven initiatives? Do you have a love of technology, food culture, and design at its core? Do you enjoy shepherding fresh thinking for producing high quality print projects? If working closely with a down-to-earth, wickedly talented team to develop these projects sounds like your cup of tea, we have the perfect opportunity for you.
Our creative team is seeking an experienced Print Producer to drive our team to the next level.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a Print Producer, you will be responsible for ensuring that all print projects are produced to the highest quality, while creating, supervising, and maintaining budget and timeline. Quality, attention to detail and communication are critical. And suggesting innovative new ways of solving print challenges should be second nature.
The Print Producer ensures all projects are run efficiently as well as cost effectively. They will also manage vendor relationships to ensure we are maintaining smooth workflow while navigating any budgetary, timeline or delivery issues as they arise.
This is a 3 month opportunity with the potential to convert to a permanent position. This role reports to the Creative Operations Manager; no direct reports.
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners closer together. Our marketplace provides a commission-free ordering for restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram, Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. As we expand to new markets, while scaling responsibly, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to listen to other team members’ ideas and can thrive in an environment that embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and share it.
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
WITHIN 30 DAYS, YOU WILL:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Work with Creative Ops and Vendor Ops to understand workflows and processes
- Shadow current team members on current projects and initiatives and begin project handoffs
WITHIN 60 DAYS, YOU WILL:
- Have a clear understanding of the tools and processes for projects
- Have an established working relationship with team members and stakeholders across the org and be introduced to external vendors
- Pick up all print-related project needs and requests
WITHIN 90 DAYS, YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with relevant operational teams to develop a preferred vendor list
- Keep and maintain status trackers, document processes, and create print production guidelines for XFN engagement
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Production for print-related projects including: marketing & sales collateral, tradeshow booths/events, swag, signage, business cards
- Ensure the finest print quality is achieved within the established budget and timetable
- Supervise, schedule and purchase all pre-press and printing materials
- Review and QA designs for correct specs before final delivery
- Review all proofs and color tests with creative team, interpret their revisions, determine the best method for executing, and review the revisions with the supplier
- Assist with identifying and onboarding new print production vendors and manage ongoing vendor relationships.
- Keep up-to-date reporting including status trackers, vendor score cards, and print production process documentation
- Assist with development and implementation of automated processes and workflows
- Attend relevant meetings and collaborate with cross-functional team and stakeholders on print production projects
- Prepare detailed ballparks, estimates, purchase orders, and approve invoicing for print production projects
- Work closely with Creative Ops to communicate vendor timelines and collaborate on overall project schedule
- Maintain established budget and timeline and notify internal stakeholders immediately and preemptively of any potential changes
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You have 4+ years experience acting as a Print Producer in a creative advertising agency or internal creative team.
- You have thorough knowledge of current printing and production processes as well as materials
- You have knowledge of digital file formats and prepress and retouching processes
- You have experience reviewing and approving printer contract proofs
- You have experience negotiating with printers, reviewing print bids, verifying print specifications, reviewing invoices for accuracy
- You have excellent project management skills. Ability to assume responsibility; be accountable and well organized in both communication and execution
- You have the ability to work well under pressure while remaining calm and focused
- You are detail oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment, managing multiple projects without supervision
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A “Best Place to Work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote-first culture and up to $450 office equipment reimbursement to enable you to do your best work by setting up your home office.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage – we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices
ChowNow takes the health and safety of our team seriously and requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. We strongly believe that this is the best way to protect our employees, families, clients, and communities. All requests for accommodations will be considered.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. We are committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment, if you require any accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Read about your California privacy rights.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 07:41:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!