Job title: Probate Law And Family Law Attorney
Company: Douglass & Runger
Job description: Seeking Versatile Attorney to Join Probate and Family Law Firm Team
If you are interested in applying for this position, please read the instructions at the end of this posting and follow all instructions explicitly. We are looking for an attorney who has a passion for helping people who are dealing with two of the most difficult situations in life: divorce and death. While this proposition may sound grim, the reality is that our clients often come to us in times of need for help in the areas of family law and probate. One of the most rewarding parts of practicing law involves truly making a difference for clients who are at their lowest point possible and being their guide to a brand-new life. The ideal candidate will be committed to helping our clients through the divorce process and navigating them through the probate process after the death of a loved one. We’re looking for an attorney who can hit the ground running to give our clients outstanding representation. You need to have compassion and the ability to build relationships with your clients, know your way around a courtroom, and most importantly, enjoy going to court. A Mississippi law license is a plus, but not required. If you are interested in applying, please read the full instructions below and explicitly follow the instructions.
Salary is commensurate with skill and experience and is negotiable. The compensation package includes base, salary plus bonus compensation for production and performance. We offer benefits including health insurance and paid time off. We pay for continuing legal education, bar dues, and some approved voluntary bar memberships.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, we look forward to reviewing your resume. Please follow these instructions. APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Prepare a cover letter that explains what you believe are the 3 most important qualities or values for an attorney working with parents going through a divorce or the 3 most important qualities or values for an attorney working with clients dealing with the death of a loved one. Please include your desired compensation range. As a closing sentence please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
You will be prompted to upload your cover letter.
- We need an attorney who can contribute to developing the strategy of a case
- We need an attorney who not only knows how to find your way around the courtroom and how to project confidence and competence when dealing with people on behalf of our clients but also loves being in court!
- Our ideal attorney knows how to read financial statements, understands equitable distribution of marital assets, and can develop a parenting plan and visitation schedule
- We need an attorney to handle all stages of the probate estate process, from opening the estate and assisting personal representatives with securing estate assets to preparing distribution sheets for the estate beneficiaries and closing the estate
- If you see a case file as an opportunity to help someone build a new life, you’ll like the way we think
- Skills and experience are important and valued, but your personality, character, intelligence, and integrity are also extremely important considerations
- If we can count on you to show up in court on time, you enjoy working closely with clients, and enjoy going to Court, please apply
- If you are comfortable with the proposition of handling more than one practice area at our firm, this job is for you
- Demonstrate experience in taking ownership of a client’s divorce case – discovery, pleadings, motions; collaboration and mediation; pretrial hearings, motion hearings, and trials
- Demonstrate experience and basic knowledge of the probate process
- Conduct client meetings and recommend strategies for family law cases and probate estate matters
- Delegate work to paralegals and legal assistants and monitor their work
Douglass & Runger is a growing, small law firm servicing clients primarily in the areas of family law and probate law. We help our family law clients navigate the divorce process by protecting the things most important to them: the well being of their minor children and their personal assets, and we provide our probate clients peace of mind after the death of a loved one by navigating them through the probate process. We maintain a family like environment for not only our clients, but also our attorneys and staff and are protective of our in-office culture. We provide our clients the security of knowing that they have a law firm that will support them through difficult life obstacles they face no matter what!
Location: Memphis, TN
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 22:06:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!