Job title: Process Engineering Technician
Company: Means Engineering, Inc.
Job description: Summary
The Process Engineering Tech will assists the process engineering department by acting as the point of contact for production staff regarding engineering issues, processes and evaluates customer returns, and assists with job process packages and document control. The Process Engineering Tech will participates in continual improvement initiatives as directed by process engineers and management.
This position can be full-time or part-time. We can accommodate to school schedules or other commitments qualified candidates may have.
- Day to day coverage of production line process: disposition of non-conforming material, respond to production questions and requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime. Request and implement process improvements
- Retrieve, interpret, create, distribute and/or destruct customer and internal technical documents, requirements and drawings such as BOM’s and CAD drawings through a shared network and/or FTP sites as needed following company policies.
- Create and upkeep a variety of part numbers, drawings, manuals, blueprints and software in a variety of filings systems and databases. Post changes to revision level documents, release and notify affected departments.
- Assist process engineering with technical writing in support of company process and products such as PFMEA, BOMs, specifications, work instructions, CAPA, 8D, etc.
- Manage processing and evaluating customer returns
- Help to determine root cause behind non-conforming material, implement corrective actions and communicate and document fix to the rest of the team.
- Help to configure engineering in ERP system including creating operations, loading standard times, adding comments, and redlining engineering
- Help to perform a thorough failure analysis including examining and testing product, duplicating failure, root cause analysis, and corrective and preventative action
- Participate in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing events including safety meetings and initiatives and integrating new technology and environmentally friendly practices into existing processes
Education, Experience, and Skills
- 1+ years of experience in process engineering functions related to product integration and manufacturing or equivalent education
- Experience working in contract manufacturing environment preferred
- Associates degree in related field such as electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, etc. is preferred
- Basic foundation in engineering concepts with the ability to work within company business and quality systems
- Able to read and interpret prints and drawings
- Strong English communication skills including strong technical writing skills and willingness to write. Must be able to create and write clear and detailed records and documents.
- ERP system experience, Epicor preferred
- Familiarity with ISO9001, AS9100, ISO13485, ISO14001, and ITAR requirements is desired
- Ability to work independently and as a team and able to communicate with all positions and personalities
- Ability to stay focused, and perform in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills,
- Strong attention to detail
- We are a successful, growing contract design and manufacturing company located in the Carlsbad Research Center
- We are a mid-size company (70 employees) with a small company “family” feel
- We serve the semiconductor, medical, aerospace, and defense industries; our customers are industry leaders in their fields and we pride ourselves on the quality of service we provide
- We are very vertically integrated; our capabilities include: machining, high-purity welding, cleanroom, PCB, box build, and design engineering
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, vision, voluntary benefits
- PTO plan with paid winter shut down
- Supportive work/life balance culture
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
MEI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Job date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 06:15:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!