Job title: Procurement Specialist (Category Management, Marketing)
Company: Jones Lang LaSalle
Job description: About JLL –
We’re JLL—a leading professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We have operations in over 80 countries and a workforce of over 98,000 individuals around the world who help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. As a global Fortune 500 company, we also have an inherent responsibility to drive sustainability and corporate social responsibility. That’s why we’re committed to our purpose to shape the future of real estate for a better world. We’re using the most advanced technology to create rewarding opportunities, amazing spaces and sustainable real estate solutions for our clients, our people and our communities.
Our core values of teamwork, ethics and excellence are also fundamental to everything we do and we’re honored to be recognized with awards for our success by organizations both globally and locally.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture where we all feel welcomed, valued and empowered to achieve our full potential is important to who we are today and where we’re headed in the future. And we know that unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives help us think bigger, spark innovation and succeed together.
If this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements below. We’re interested in getting to know you and what you bring to the table!
LOCATION: REMOTE based in North America working CST/EST hours.
- Participate and implement global strategies in the region which may include gathering of business requirements for AMER and feedback into the global category work streams
- Responsible for regional/local strategies in line with global strategies and ensure adherence to global toolkit, governance and policies
- May have global category responsibilities for certain sub-categories which includes developing the category strategy with the business, stakeholder management and successful implementation
- Co-lead the agencies relationship management and commercial management with the business to ensure that the commercial value of the contract is realized
- Savings and benefits reconciliation are a key part of the responsibilities for the category manager. This includes ensuring that the proper process of capturing and approval of the benefits are done
- Lead development and execution of all sourcing-related functions: performing due diligence and assessment of prospective suppliers, executing RFPs/bids, negotiating contracts and ensuring effective transition to operations during implementation
- Support the supplier diversity and JLL’s sustainability programs; making sure that we work with ethical agencies and standards as part of the sourcing process
- Carry out supplier risk management and mitigation plans
- Identify opportunities to develop and implement new policies and procedures, including updating legacy policies and procedures
- Category Management, Procurement, or Sourcing experience
Sound like you? To apply you need to have:
- Excellent inter-personal, organization and analytical skills
- Has the ability to craft long term internal and external business relationships; cause and manage change; and provide strategic leadership is essential
- Ability to work on a regional and global scale in a matrix organization as defined by the category strategies. This includes the ability to meet and align category plans with stakeholders in the Americas as well as globally
- Ability to demonstrate track records in category management in key marketing sub-categories which includes impactful deliverables
- Excellent project management, analytical and presentation skills is a MUST
- Ability to influence key stakeholders across different level of seniority
- Collaborative and influencing style with a focus on teamwork
- Proven ability to deliver results in challenging environments yet with entrepreneurial spirit
- Expertise in sourcing and a skilled negotiator and with demonstrated ability to manage change
- Good business acumen with experience in sourcing to leverage and promote ethical sourcing practices
- Excellent PC skills, proficient in MS applications with excellent ability to work with large amounts of data and build reports
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college university
- Minimum 5 – 7 years of experience in strategic sourcing or category management in Marketing. Those with marketing agency experience or consulting will be considered for the role
- CPSM certification preferred, MBA a plus
Our benefits are a good reason to come to JLL.
We are committed to hiring the best, most talented people in our industry, and then empowering them with the resources and support to enhance their health, financial and personal well-being. Our underlying benefits philosophy is this: be fair to our people, and provide opportunities for those who take advantage of our programs and resources to lower their health costs and increase their personal and financial security.
Benefits to eligible employees, include:
- 401(k) plan with matching company contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Care
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave at 100% of salary
- Paid Time Off and Company Holidays
- Flexible Work Arrangements may be available
- Executive Benefits
What you can expect from us
We succeed together and believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your career ambitions, recognizing your contributions, investing in your well-being and providing competitive benefits and pay.
We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL. Apply today!
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy .
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you’ll be asked to provide proof that you’re fully vaccinated upon your start date. You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our page
I want to work for JLL.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 06:54:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!