Job title: Product Manufacturing Engineer Manager
Job description: Arconic is currently in search of a Product Manufacturing Engineer Manager to join our Kawneer Team. This position can be based in Springdale, AR, Bloomsburg, PA or Cranberry, PA.
At Arconic, we are looking for people who share our values of integrity, inclusion, and diversity, and who demonstrate agility, results commitment, and the capability to grow themselves and others. In return, we offer the opportunity to Grow Together with ongoing opportunities for professional growth provided by a constantly changing environment, working alongside employees who value the people they work with just as much as the work they do.
Primary Purpose of the job:
Leading all technical aspects of Manufacturing implementation of new products and equipment modernizations required to deliver the new product development road maps for the company including research and development of OEM equipment to expand capabilities.
Major activities / key challenges:
- Lead the manufacturing execution of the new product timelines and execution of actions to those timelines through direct action and influence within manufacturing organization.
- Understanding of complete Kawneer Product Library, Utilization, and manufacturing methods for each distinct product line.
- Lead the manufacturing execution of the product development road map creation and stage gate process through direct action and influence.
- Constantly learning and researching the most modern manufacturing techniques within the Building and Construction Industry.
- Ability to utilize conceptual designs to envision and estimate manufacturing requirements in order to develop detailed manufacturing timelines to ensure product production on time and at rate within manufacturing.
- Expand CAD/CAM and 3D architecture for all new products within manufacturing organizations including all manufacturing plans and drawings are developed in coordination with new product development.
- Evaluating the ability to manufacture internal vs external and to develop vendor capabilities and relationships to produce products outside of current internal manufacturing capabilities.
- Support and suggest design constraints/cost to the new product development team to optimize and continuously improve product development.
- Coordinate the manufacturing launch of new/revised products and components including establishing goals, developing documentations, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency with modifications in product design.
- Ability to design experiments capable of evaluating new product capability assessment within tolerance and at production rate
- Management of EC and Change Management approvals within manufacturing organization.
- DOE and Root Cause analysis driven on manufacturing variations to product design to drive execution of on time product launches within manufacturing.
- Strategic Analysis of equipment capability matrix vs product road map to drive strategic capital investment.
- B.S. in Engineering or technical field plus 10 years of work experience in a manufacturing or related field with working knowledge product design and statistical processing.
- Self-motivated, with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively (written/verbal), maintain positive working relationships, and coach teams/team members through the development and execution of improvement strategies
- Ability to take the initiative, provide leadership, meet deadlines, and work in a team environment
- Capable to direct multiple tasks and priorities, and easily adapt to changing priorities
- Carry out daily tasks and objectives in alignment with Arconic’s Vision and Values
- Ability to analyze difficult and complex engineering systems and render clear interpretation and direction
- Ability to execute task in safe manor and define safe work instructions for new products.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Proficient with AutoCAD and 3D CAD Software
- Working knowledge of:
- New Product Stage Gate Processes
- Statistical Control, DOE, and Capability Studies
- Experimental Methods and Analysis
- Experience in requesting and justifying capital funding
- Possess working knowledge of fenestration product manufacturing systems and processes
- Comfortable reading and understanding architectural details, construction documents, quotations, and specifications
- Experience in Microsoft Power Apps or Low Code Development Platforms
- Experience utilizing Analytics Technologies such as Power Bi or Minitab to analyze and drive improvement.
Arconic Corporation (NYSE: ARNC), a Fortune 500 company, is a leading provider of aluminum sheet, plate and extrusions, as well as innovative architectural products, that advance the automotive, aerospace, commercial transportation, industrial and building and construction markets. Building on more than a century of innovation, Arconic helps to transform the way we fly, drive, and build. We are proud that 77% of our employees are happy working for Arconic and would recommend it as a great place to work and that 80% of our employees would recommend their managers to others.
We live our core values and commit to delivering sustainable value to our customers, our employees, our communities and our shareholders.
At Arconic, we:
Act With Integrity.
We lead with respect, honesty, transparency and accountability.
Safeguard our Future.
We protect and improve the health and safety of our employees, communities and environment.
Grow Stronger Together.
We cultivate an inclusive and diverse culture that advocates for equity.
Earn Customer Loyalty.
We build customer partnerships through best-in-class products and service.
Drive Operational Excellence.
We pursue continuous improvement through innovation, agility, people development and collaboration.
We achieve success by generating and growing value for our shareholders.
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits). Arconic is in compliance with all relevant Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations.
Location: Bloomsburg, PA – Cranberry Township, PA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 04:34:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!