Job title: Professional Services Consultant, Global Services – Cloud Migration
Job description: Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Are you looking to make an impact? The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers. We bring best practices out to the world to make people happier with our software, and just as importantly, we bring the world’s needs and wants back to Splunk to make our software better. And we get the chance to see firsthand the great things that our customers and partners do with Splunk.
As a Professional Services Consultant, you will fuel solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organization. You’ll solve organizations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn’t know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated and have an insatiable thirst to learn disruptive technologies and thrive in a rapidly changing environment. As a successful Splunk Consultant you will be adept at mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds. Are you up for the challenge?
- You have operational experience at scale. You have had hands-on roles that deal with operating systems (particularly Linux), supervising systems (including Splunk), Cloud technologies, and networking. Your previous job titles might be something close to systems admin, network engineer, or DevOps engineer.
- You’re passionate about your work. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our engineers. You should enjoy actively being responsible for your work and be passionate about your projects.
- You love large sophisticated systems. Experience in working on distributed systems or a passion for finding edge cases that appear at scale. You’re interested in how to bring something from a small one off task to how to implement it across several thousand machines at once.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our talent through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- The ability to empower customers to take on the next wave of questions on their own.
- A chance to share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk.
- Collaborate with individuals across the company from Product Management, Product Marketing, Professional Services, Sales, Sales Engineering, Technical Enablement, Education, Customer Success Management, and Support.
- Be comfortable working with customers to help them define their future architectural roadmap as a trusted advisor.
- Be successful working with your peers, your teammates, individual developers and SRE’s.
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation from customer input.
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- Good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Embrace continuous learning, maintain up-to-date knowledge of Splunk products, functional knowledge, and industry best practices
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to all customer, partner and Splunk stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Experience with Splunk Cloud, Splunk Administration and architecture design
- Some experience with Splunk search processing language (SPL)
- Current experience in technical consulting or sales engineering
- Have worked with Cloud providers, AWS or GCP
- 2+ years experience migrating On-prem customers to the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Able to deliver complex customer projects with cross-functional teams using traditional and agile project delivery methodologies
- Experience as a *nix system administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems
- Have supported customer facing multi-tenant infrastructure (SaaS) or similar cloud related services
- Some experience with Python, Golang, Shell, and open source based systems
- Have worked with virtualization technologies
- Strong open systems application and infrastructure knowledge
- Clear understanding of network and system management solutions
- Organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet deadlines with competing priorities
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the customer’s business
- Solid understanding or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- Experience with automation/orchestration tools, at least two of the following: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform
- Experience with at least two of the following cloud providers: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from application developers to executive level partners
- Self-motivated and self-educating, always interested in keeping up with technology and improving oneself
- Certifications or Accreditations
- Splunk Cloud Fundamentals
- Splunk Cloud Migration
- Splunk Certified Consultant
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Expected salary: $135000 per year
Job date: Fri, 03 Jun 2022 22:05:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!