Job title: Professional Services Project Coordinator
Job description: Overview
Waters Corporation’s Professional Services Organization is comprised of highly skilled, motivated and customer focused professionals that partner with customers to ensure successful utilization of Waters’ product suite.
We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator who will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and/or third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Coordinator will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
As a Project Coordinator working for an industry leader, you will be committed to delivering Waters’ legendary service to our customers who utilize our scientific instrumentation and software. In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide (professional and/or technical) expertise on Waters’ innovative product suite for multiple customer laboratories spanning across the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Chemical Materials, Clinical, Food, Environmental, Forensics, Academia and Government industries.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary, during project cycle.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- BS in Computer Science strongly preferred or BS/BA in science related field desired
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in a customer service role
- Understanding of PMI methodologies with PMP certification highly desirable
- Experienced in creating project plans with MS Project or other tracking software
- Understanding of the scientific application workflow (how they interface with the instruments, how the data is structured either on the network or local computer) along with the scientific software systems (CDS, SDMS, LIMS, ELN)
- Expertise in Waters Software Products (Empower, NuGenesis) strongly preferred
- Travel is required (15-25%), includes local and overnight
- Must possess a strong customer focus
- Interpersonal savvy, communicate with different expertise levels appropriately and change your approach to meet customers’ needs
- Personal sense of integrity and trust
- Effective time management skills
- Analytical mindset with a strong drive to resolve open issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT), the world’s leading specialty measurement company, has pioneered chromatography, mass spectrometry and thermal analysis innovations serving the life, materials, and food sciences for more than 60 years. With more than 7,000 employees worldwide, Waters operates directly in 35 countries, including 15 manufacturing facilities, with products available in more than 100 countries. Our team focuses on creating business advantages for laboratory-dependent organizations to enable significant advancement in healthcare delivery, environmental management, food safety, and water quality.
Working at Waters enables our employees to unlock the potential of their careers. Our global team is driven by purpose. We strive to be better, learn and improve every day in everything we do. We’re the problem solvers and innovators that aren’t afraid to take risks to transform the world of human health and well-being. We’re all in it together delivering benefit as one to provide the insights needed today in order to solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or protected Veteran status.
Project Manager, Project Management, Empower, NuGenesis
Location: Milford, MA
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 03:11:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!