Job title: Professional Services Project Manager
Job description: Professional Services Project Manager – Atlanta
In the Project Manager role, you will be a crucial contributor to the Stibo Systems Professional Services team, our portfolio of multi-domain master data management (MDM) customers, and a variety of project engagements.
“We are growing as a company and bringing on many new dynamic logos. This is an exciting time to be a Project Manager at Stibo Systems.”, says Joy Olson, Director North America Professional Services Operations
This is who we are
Stibo Systems is a global company with a Nordic heritage. We help companies transform into digital leaders through market-leading multidomain master data management that delivers transparency.
Through our solution, large brands (our customers) connect data across their products, customers, stores, employees, suppliers, digital assets and much, much more. In this way, they can optimize their business as well as their environmental and social performance. Better data, for better business and a better world.
We have been around for a while but still have that scale-up feel, even with offices across the globe – from Tokyo over Amsterdam to Bogotá or Sydney. Our people are key to our success and together we continue to create a diverse, unique and exciting work environment.
The team is made up of individuals with various backgrounds, but whom all enjoy the function of project management. Within the North America (NA) Project Management group, our PM’s build close relationships by sharing and advising each other on project successes and challenges.
The Project Manager is a pivotal position to drive effective delivery of projects to Stibo Systems Customers. Accountabilities include oversight of high quality and high value service delivery to customers with responsibilities to work closely with Customer Success and project teams to meet client objectives
More specifically, you will:
- Establish an engagement communication cadence with clients and ensure appropriate engagement of cross-functional resources to drive engagement, value and client retention
- Coordinate delivery of multiple concurrent projects and ensure delivery of SOW scope, on-time, on-budget. This includes creating timelines, identifying key deliverables and managing change control issues and risks
- Maintain monthly client invoicing which includes accurate reporting of project team time and expenses
- Manage project communications including regular status reporting and project updates to the leadership team to ensure stakeholder engagement and attention
- Work with technical and non-technical teams, including: Solution Consultants, Solution Architects, Custom Development and QA teams to ensure efficient and effective resolution of customer issues and escalations. Work with Customer Success to define account strategies and delivery roadmaps
Our Ideal Candidate
Will have strong leadership and organizational skills to manage cross-functional project teams. You will also have experience in leading project meetings for diverse audiences consisting of clients, team members up to executive level management and functional leaders. This will require excellent presentation and customer communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a solid track record of delivering results, esp., of large-scale complex projects in a Waterfall, Agile &/or Scrum environment
- Have an understanding of SDLC
- Have a general understanding of package software, software development, and how these are utilized in corporate IT environments
- A plus would be previous leadership experience developing and managing diverse global teams
- Big plus to have PMP or SCRUM certification
If you’re ready to get started, please visit the . We invite candidates for interviews on a continuous basis, so please apply as soon as possible. Should you have questions about the position, you are also welcome to contact .
We look forward to hearing from you!
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:41:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!