Job title: Project Facilitator I – Telecommunications – Remote
Company: Black & Veatch
Job description: At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life’s critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help you give us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Company : Overland Contracting Inc
Req Id : 76321
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
By joining our BV Construction group, you will have the ability to develop and enhance your skills in an on-site, hands-on environment. We are committed to providing our construction professionals with expert training, career development, and career advancement to allow for continuous professional development. Our management is committed to the latest advances in technology, above class support and sustainability to bring our clients the best service in safety, quality, and final product. Functions in our group include safety, project field management, construction management, quality control, start up and decommissioning and field engineering.
Provide technical management support to managers and the business team to facilitate, expedite, and drive to closure all assigned sites. Administer site contract requirements related to document collection, document review for quality and accuracy, timing of activities and bridges communication between field personnel, subcontractors, program personnel and project support assistants.
- Must be able to maintain and manage relationships while assuring that work is performed in accordance with project requirements.
- Provides subcontractors with information and support, as outlined within contract specifications, to allow work to proceed as scheduled. Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates supplier and contractor activities, products, and reports for adherence to the Black and Veatch requirements.
- Monitors and tracks all open transactions. Follows up, coordinates and communicates with managers, engineers, suppliers, contractors, subcontractors, and field staff to ensure that applicable codes and specifications are met. For example, reviews zoning drawings prior to submittal for client requirements. Ability to performs QA/QC function on construction and site acquisition submittals.
- Reviews and approves site specific documents. Generates records, reports, correspondence, and other documentation in the performance of the work. Reviews contract specifications to determine all documentation submittals required for payment from our customer. Demonstrates ability to maintain multiple projects and priorities at one time and effectively finish projects in a timely manner. Leads weekly calls with specified markets. Develops project deliverables from sketches, written and/or verbal instructions. Applies judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation. Maintains project trackers for closeout responsibilities. Assists in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors. Assists with expediting large volume of submittals and/or confirming that such submittals have been received from subcontractors. Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Adhere to and train others on certain processes and procedures including the closeout documentation procedure in multiple markets. Acts in capacity of a “lead person”.
- Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
- List positions receiving direction: Project Support Assistant.
Acts in capacity of a “lead person.” Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree in Related Field preferred
- Experience: 3 – 4 years construction or site acquisition work experience (preferred)
- Preferred Skills: Typing. Filing. Desktop PC. Microsoft Word. Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Power Point. Microsoft Outlook (Email, Calendar, Contacts. Electronic file storage system. Project Management Systems. Multi-tasking ability (Prioritize, Organize, and Schedule Work). Problem Solving (Identify, Analyze, Research, Evaluate, and Resolve). Human Relations Skills (Written, Verbal, and Client Service). Workgroup’s Policies and Procedures. Division Administrative Policies and Procedures. Division Project Policies and Procedures.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Regular Keyboarding, Extensive SittingNormal office environment.
Black & Veatch endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1-913-359-1622 or via our . This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company’s long-term achievements – and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click . If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click and .
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.
Location: Canonsburg, PA
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 01:31:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!