Job title: Project Lead – Building Materials Laboratory
Company: Architectural Testing Inc
Job description: Project Lead – Building Materials Laboratory
Are you looking for a change and a challenge? Do you want an interesting job where you’ll never be bored? Intertek’s Materials Laboratory in York, PA conducts over 1,200 different tests (mechanical, durability, appearance, etc.) for the building & construction industry…and beyond!
We are a third-party, independent test lab contracted by manufacturers to test their products for safety and code compliance. We like to say: “You build it and we’ll break it”.
We are seeking a Project Lead to join the team in our Building Materials Lab located in York, PA. The ideal candidate for this role has a technical background in an ISO 17025 test lab environment and a keen customer focus. This position brings an element of coordination and project management.
What you’ll do:
- Act as client’s main point of contact until the project is assigned to a laboratory technician
- Initiate project coordination with the client, immediately upon receipt of signed proposal
- Establish timeframe for shipment & receipt of materials for testing
- Introduce project team
- Request additional documentation as needed (e.g. drawings, PO, installation details, material handling/curing requirements,…)
- Coordinate/plan with assigned technician for specimen preparation upon receipt of materials
- Coordinate with Lab Supervisor to schedule personnel for assigned projects
- Prepare overall project schedule so that all work is completed within project’s critical path
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field is desired or equivalent experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Strong technical aptitude
- Understanding of and experience with consensus standards (ASTM, ANSI, …)
- Must be technically competent to understand and communicate test procedures, specifications, and results
- Superior customer service skills
- Proven strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent computer skills, especially with Windows and Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull 30 to 50 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 50 pounds with assistance
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy .
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek , you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [email protected] or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
Location: York, PA
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 22:50:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!