Job title: Project Manager Engineering
Company: PROPERTY SOLUTIONS INC
Job description: Description:
Property Solutions Inc. is seeking an experienced Project Manager in our Chicago, IL location. As a valued member of our team, you are responsible for conducting Property Condition Assessments (PCA) and providing Construction Monitoring services. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and can work well both independently and within a team.
This is an ideal position for Architects and Engineers that wish to utilize their technical and forensic skills as to building system/component system failure.
- Conduct site visits for a wide variety of real estate property types; including but not limited to office, retail, multifamily, hospitality, and industrial.
- Perform investigative research of service contractors and government agencies;
- Prepare Property Condition Assessment and Construction Monitoring Reports;
- Construction Monitoring; includes review of progress, scheduling, quality of workmanship, and monthly payment applications for lenders or investors;
- Conduct walk-through surveys of buildings to assess the condition of a building’s components: site work improvements, structural, facades, interiors, roofs, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and life safety systems;
- Interview property owners, occupants, key site personnel and local government officials to obtain information concerning the subject property’s condition;
- Take document photographs of representative systems, conditions, and physical deficiencies;
- Prepare cost estimate costs to remedy building deficiencies;
- Review and revise reports prepared by junior staff and provide feedback;
- Expected to manage multiple projects concurrently and communicate project status to clients and internal management
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management;
- PE or RA is preferred;
- 2+ years building evaluation or commercial design experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of all building systems: site work, structural, building envelope, and MEP.
- Coordinating your schedule to routinely visit sites and adapt to short notice trips
- Advanced skills using computers: Specifically, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Expertise at meeting deadlines;
- Mentor junior staff
- Ability to successfully multi-task in an environment of deadlines and changing priorities.
- The position requires a motivated self-starter with strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from multiple individuals.
Our employees are offered a competitive salary and a robust benefit package that includes paid time off, Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, company provided life insurance, group 401k plan with company match and advancement opportunities as Property Solutions grows throughout the US.
Property Solutions Inc. is an environmental and engineering consulting firm providing professional and timely solutions nationwide since 1992. Our strength lies in our ability to take complex real estate concerns and recommend pragmatic and comprehensive solutions in a timely manner. We pride ourselves on responsive, reliable, and cooperative communication with our clients throughout the entire project process. Our personal attention to every client on each project distinguishes us from other consulting firms.
Vaccine Policy: Beginning July 23, 2021, Property Solutions Inc. requires current and newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 07:20:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!