Job title: Purchasing Analyst
Company: Human Bees
Job description: (10) Summary:
Partner with Sales, Warehouse, Customer Service, Replenishment, and Vendors, with a focus on procuring correct inventory levels to drive sales and increase profitability, while maintaining an excellent customer experience. Utilize data-based decisions to place purchase orders, considering promotional events, product launches, seasonal selling peaks, and other business activities while adhering to defined inventory management practices and performance objectives. Maintain system files and data accuracy, and communicates
(11) Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a buying schedule focused on improving inventory flow
- Purchase stock and special orders as needed for assigned vendors, while utilizing reporting tools to analyse purchase needs and validate trends, in alignment with annual budget
- Prepare incoming shipments for arrival, creating put-away folders and accurately allocating any associated freight charges or fees
- Manage requisitions, ensuring sales orders will be filled appropriately, in the correct order, and in a timely manner
- Utilize daily reports to track and ensure/ maintain accuracy and timeliness of purchases
- Maintain system settings related to assigned vendors to ensure optimal inventory replenishment levels
- Review and manage Vendor Return inventory and Vendor Return Orders for resolution
- Maintain up to date and complete supplier information sheets
- Communicate current and potential inventory issues (out-of-stock, over-stock, production issues, etc) to management
- Interface with Product Managers, Sales Team, Customer Service, Warehouse and Leadership as necessary to provide information for current and future needs
- Work with assigned vendors to balance inventory/billing discrepancies reported by the warehouse team or accounting
- Make recommendations to improve turns and maximize inventory productivity on assigned lines
- Continually assess cost effectiveness of buying and shipping terms and fees associated with assigned vendors, looking for opportunities to reduce cost while staying aligned with other company inventory and customer service goals
- Partner with vendors to ensure appropriate lead times are incorporated into buying methodology
- Create demand forecasts for new items based on historical sales in comparable programs
- Identify and facilitate alternate material sourcing solutions as needed
- Understand the implications of assortment decisions and react rapidly and profitably while partnering with the Sales team to reduce inventory levels and increase turns
- Meet deadlines assigned by leadership around factory closures and special buy requirements
- Visit branches to build partnerships, visually inspect merchandising, and get direct feedback
- Attend periodic product knowledge sessions to become familiar with end-use of assigned products
- Performs other duties as assigned
(12) Leadership Responsibilities (Team Leaders Only):
(13) Standards, licenses, registration and Certifications:
(14) Essential Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the essential skills and abilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the skills and/or abilities required.
- Teamwork and Professionalism – team spirited, exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Approaches others in a tactful and professional manner; reacts well under pressures; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; reacts with sensitivity toward emotional topics and issues; behaviours support B.R. Funsten & Co. core values (per Employee Handbook).
- Oral and Written Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and obtains clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
- Diversity and Ethics – shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Attendance/Dependability – is consistently at work and on time as scheduled; demonstrates good use of discretionary time; arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time.
- Interpersonal Skills – open and honest, focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to the ideas of others. Treats people fairly; works well in group problem solving situations; develops/champions new ideas; asks for and offers help when needed.
(15) Education and/or Experience:
- High School/GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of replenishment or purchasing experience required
- Ability to extract information from systems and analyze data clearly and efficiently
- Clear understanding of supplier distribution, warehousing, and transportation methods and best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of retail operations, buying practices, and inventory management
- Proven track record of strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills inclusive of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Professional and effective verbal and written business communication skills
(16) Performance Measures:
- 100% Safe Acts
- Meets deadlines
(17) Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must occasionally be able to handle moderate levels of stress.
34% to 66%
67% to 100%
Use hands to finger, handle or feel
Reach w/hands & arms
Climb or balance
Crouching or crawling
Talk or hear
Tasting or Smelling
34% to 66%
67% to 100%
Up to 10 lbs
Up to 25 lbs
Up to 50 lbs
Up to 100 lbs.
More than 100 lbs
Must be able to see computer screen and printed documents.
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point)
Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
No special vision requirements
Work Environment Conditions
34% to 66%
67% to 100%
Wet, humid conditions (not weather
Work near moving mechanical parts
Work in high, precarious places
Fumes or airborne particles
Toxic or caustic chemicals
Outdoor weather conditions
Extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
Risk of electrical shock
Work with explosives
Risk of radiation
Very quiet (examples: forest trail, isolation booth for hearing test)
Quiet (examples: library, private office)
Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
Loud (examples: metal can manufacturing department, large earth-moving equipment).
Very loud (examples: jack hammer work, front row at rock concert).
(18) Equipment Use:
- Telephone and Voicemail
- Personal computer, copy machine, fax machine
Location: Manteca, CA
Job date: Wed, 11 May 2022 22:47:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!