Job title: Real Estate Analyst
Company: Charleston County Government
Job description: Description
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
APPLICATION REVIEW BEGINS IMMEDIATELY
The Real Estate Analyst will be responsible for actively analyzing the current real estate market and identifying prospective real property for acquisition to meet the strategic plan for Charleston County. The Real Estate Analyst will work directly with our Real Property Manager and Legal Department to draft, modify, and amend all lease agreements, easements, right-of -ways, purchase and sale contracts, by-laws, master deeds, ordinances, and temporary space agreements for Charleston County.
The Real Estate Analyst will also be responsible for performing all due diligence requirements for purchase and sales agreements and coordinating all real estate closings for Charleston County. The Real Estate Analyst will be responsible for collecting rental income, budgeting, calculating CPI increases, managing over 40 lease agreements annually, and forecasting prospective income opportunities for County space leased by third-party tenants.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $54,017 – $73,465 (Estimated Annual Salary)
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submitted applications are reviewed by the hiring department, on an ongoing basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Real Estate Analyst shall assist the Real Property Manager (RPM) by
- Develop, draft, and modify all County Real Estate agreements including but not limited to; lease agreements, purchase and sales agreements, easements, right-of-ways, amendments, master deeds, by-laws, and temporary space agreements.
- Providing the necessary data for budget preparations and forecasting potential income specifically related projected rental income and County space available for potential income opportunity.
- Providing the necessary information to develop and maintain space standards and perform necessary analysis to evaluate all real estate and workplace strategies to optimize the County’s real property to ensure fulfillment of the County mission.
- Identify and maintain active inventory of county real property with associated title restrictions, tenant lists, and lease inventory for each parcel of real property.
- Excel in the proficiency of the “yellow sheet” County procedure for all Real Estate transactions to go before County Council.
- Update GIS, and the County Real Estate Inventory on the Intranet for proper query and reporting tools.
- Develop and maintain a running tracking system to collect rents and receivable due and manage lease reconciliations, CPI increases, tenant notifications, and annual commencement agreements for all leases with both County as lessor and lessee.
- Develop substantiated recommendations based on market rates and comps for new and existing County Real Estate.
- Assist in building and maintaining the Real Estate dataset in the Integrated Workplace Management System maintaining accuracy and completeness for County Assets.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate or closely related field preferred.
- An active SC Real Estate License is required
- Education supplemented with seven (7) years of responsible work experience in a similar institutional environment or an equivalent combination of experience, training or advanced education.
- Prior Commercial Real Estate and/or Commercial Property Management Experience Required
- Participation in the National Association of Realtors, Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), and/or Urban Land Institute (ULI) recommended.
- A Valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to compile and synthesize large quantities of data, assist in analyzing data according to need and convey the information to the RPM for concise presentation.
- Will provide necessary data to the RPM to Create and maintain performance metrics related to real property.
- Will assist with tracking of key performance indicators for reporting purposes.
- Must have excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must establish credibility internally with all Facilities and Maintenance Managers, Supervisors and Technicians as the County’s asset management expert.
- Candidate should be self-motivated, organized, analytical, pre-emptive, versatile, and thrive in a fast-paced, mission driven environment.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with a broad variety of County departments and users.
- May be called upon to perform other duties as assigned during emergency activations.
Expected salary: $54017 – 73465 per year
Location: North Charleston, SC
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 04:29:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!