Job title: Real Estate Appraiser
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Job description: THE POSITION
As a leading Organization in the Maintenance of Pennsylvania’s Highways, the Department of Transportation, Engineering District 8, is seeking a full-time Real Estate Appraiser.
Join the PennDOT Team with this exciting career opportunity!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
In this position you will Appraise residential land and properties of one-to-four dwelling units for right-of-way acquisition needed for highway improvements, ensuring that appraisals reflect fair market value, just compensation of damages, and are completed in a timely manner to meet letting schedules.
You will also research court house records to determine type of ownership, easements, and other covenants of record as well as read and understand deed descriptions. View affected property and interviews owner to obtain additional information necessary to ensure that the appraisal will reflect all information pertaining to the property such as fair market value, depreciation, liens, and judgments against the property, gas and mineral rights, and damage. Determine the appropriate methods necessary to derive the values on affected properties.
Inventory properties noting all improvements, plus those completed by the owner since the original purchase of the property. Obtain additional information to document or substantiate completed appraisal reports, supplemental housing evaluations and retention valuations and as required, reviews and updates previously completed appraisals to the date of the Declaration of Taking prior to the Board of View Hearing or Court Trial.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the .
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday – Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time, up to five days per pay period. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the District Office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
Necessary Special Requirements:
- This position requires possession of an active Pennsylvania Certified Residential Real Estate Appraiser certification.
- This position requires possession of an active motor vehicle license.
- You must meet the
. For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the and click on Residency. * You must be able to perform essential job functions.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at . Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Learn more about our Total Rewards by watching this short !
Health & Wellness
We offer multiple health plans so our employees can choose what works best for themselves and their families. Our comprehensive benefits package includes health coverage, vision, dental, and wellness programs.*
Compensation & Financial Planning
We invest in our employees by providing competitive wages and encouraging financial wellness by offering multiple ways to save money and ensure peace of mind including multiple retirement and investment plan options.
We know there’s more to life than just work! Our generous paid leave benefits include paid vacation, paid sick leave, six weeks of paid parental leave, military leave, and paid time off for most major U.S. holidays, as well as flexible work schedules and work-from-home opportunities.*
Values and Culture
We believe in the work we do and provide continual opportunities for our employees to grow and contribute to the greater good. As one of the largest employers in the state, we provide opportunities for internal mobility, professional development, and the opportunity to give back by participating in workplace charitable giving.
Sometimes, it is the little “extras” that make a big difference. Our employees receive special employee-only discounts and rates on a variety of services and memberships.
For more information on all of these Total Rewards benefits, please visit and click on the benefits box.
*Eligibility rules apply.
Expected salary: $46318 – 70416 per year
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 06:48:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!