Job title: Real Estate Development Mgr -Advertising & Parking- 90337680 – Philadelphia
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Search by Keyword
Search by Location
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Real Estate Development Mgr -Advertising & Parking- 90337680 – Philadelphia
Date: Jun 9, 2022
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US, 19104
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Our values of Do the Right Thing, Excel Together and Put Customers First are at the heart of what matters most to us, and our Core Capabilities, Building Trust, Accountability, Effective Communication, Customer Focus, and Proactive Safety & Security are what every employee needs to know and do to be most impactful at Amtrak.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Lead planning, negotiating, managing, and growth of Amtrak’s advertising and parking portfolio, which generates an annual revenue of $12.0 million and $1M+ operating budget in support of the 30th Street Station Parking Facilities and others, with a goal to maximize revenues, enhance safety and reduce operating expenses.
- Lead revenue advertising and parking opportunities within Amtrak portfolio.
- Manage, negotiate/renegotiate all revenue-producing parking and advertising contracts including any capital-related improvements or upgrades of inventory.
- Support the development and oversee revenue and operating expense budgets for parking facilities including monthly analysis of financial performance.
- Maximize revenues through the development of any new parking opportunities, RFP selection of parking operators/contractors, and an analysis of parking supply and demand to determine optimum parking rates.
- Ensure enforcement of the parking meter inventory at 30th Street Station to maximize revenues and oversee the administration for the daily management of the taxi dispatch operations at 30th Street Station.
- Manage capital-related parking projects to increase parking revenues and to assure timely, safe, and increase economic performance.
- Investigate and evaluate additional parking revenue opportunities based on expansion of existing facilities or the development of new facilities and determine the most efficient means of executing programs (i.e. Amtrak, real estate developers, public agencies, etc.).
- Evaluate and develop new advertising opportunities, including exploring new advertising inventory in stations, on Amtrak-owned properties and on-board trains.
- Responsible for the development, approval, and construction of new advertising sites amongst third-party contractors, Amtrak I&C Engineering, Divisional Field personnel and Accounting.
- Market on-board advertising programs to increase revenues.
- Coordinate the installation, maintenance, and removal of advertising posters amongst contractors, Amtrak departments or third-party development companies.
- As required, lend support for capital-related projects by organizing efforts between outside contractors and Amtrak/outside labor, if necessary.
- Advise other project directors as requested on issues of advertising and parking.
- Perform lease administration function for all agreements in Amtrak’s parking and advertising portfolio including parking operator communication, adherence to lease obligations/contract compliance, and delinquencies.
- Work with other departmental or Amtrak personnel involving company projects that can have an impact on advertising or parking revenue.
- Work on various strategic initiatives to explore additional revenue opportunities in parking and advertising, as necessary.
- Bachelors Degree in Business/Finance/Management or equivalent combination of education, training and/or related experience.
- Seven (7+) years experience with negotiating and managing contracts with respect to parking operations, advertising and knowledge of the markets and standard practices, and federal/state/local regulations affecting these industries.
- Experience negotiating and managing the operation of parking facilities and advertising.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills sufficient to work in multi-disciplined groups to achieve desired results.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, pressure and multiple priorities.
- Strong skills in managing multiple projects, organization, time management, project management, teamwork, communications, adaptability, decision-making, customer focus, results orientation, and the ability to meet priorities and deadlines.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel 20%.
- Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Nine (9+) years experience with negotiating and managing contracts with respect to parking operations, advertising and knowledge of the markets and standard practices, and federal/state/local regulations affecting these industries.
- • Advertising or Sales industry experience with experience of enhancing revenue growth.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Posting Location(s):Pennsylvania; Delaware; District of Columbia; New York
Job Family/Function:Research & Strategy
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 03:16:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!