Job title: Real Estate Property Manager
Company: Northgate Gonzalez Market
Job description: Description :
Our first store opened on January 2nd, 1980 in Anaheim CA and since then we have grown to 42 stores in three counties: Los Angeles, Orange , San Diego and Riverside. We offer our customers a full service supermarket with a large meat department, bakery, tortilleria and prepared foods in addition to a sizeable section of domestic and imported Latin American grocery goods to provide a Mexican homeland experience. We are always looking for great people to join as a member of the Northgate Family. We look for enthusiastic people with the potential and desire to grow with us. We strive to create a great work environment that is positive and fun; where people have meaningful work, where individuals have a sense of belonging and feel appreciated, valued and secure. If you are passionate about food, are customer focused, team oriented, and want to be a part of our family, we invite you to apply! We offer opportunities for growth, 10% discount for you and one other family member in your household for most purchases made at Northgate and flexible schedules. To learn more, please visit .
JOB SUMMARY: To oversee and maintain all company properties; to serve as the intermediary between the owners and the tenants; to help the company in preserving and increasing the value of their real estate investments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee the maintenance and upkeep of the shopping centers, parking lots, landscaping, roofs, common areas and exteriors of buildings on the properties.
- Hiring, scheduling and coordinating vendors for maintenance services.
- Maintain tenant satisfaction.
- Take calls from current tenants and answer questions about maintenance, repairs, security issues or payment options.
- Throughout the day, Property Manager will visit rental properties and perform inspections of the property.
- Ensure the properties are safe and comply with the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
- Assist in negotiating leasing contracts, which includes the rents, CAM and terms of the lease.
- Assist in negotiating contracts to acquire or sell property
- Obtain current Certificate of Insurance from tenants
- Responsible for AR collections.
- Responsible for contract agreements that meet with the owner’s requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining proper facility permits
- Collect and write payments; pay bills including taxes, mortgages, utilities and payroll.
- Create and maintain accurate records on expenses and income.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates for property improvement recommendations.
- Keep things up to date on the property and in good working order.
- Resolve any issues that the stores have about the properties.
- Check and verify with each store location in third-party owned center that property management work is completed on time and satisfactory to store.
- Work with other company departments, such as Accounting, Asset Protection and Maintenance.
- Provide regular reports to management/owners as to the condition and the financial status of the properties managed
- Prepare quarterly/semi-annual/annual Common Area Maintenance cost reconciliations and communicate with tenants.
- Prepare annual budgets and provide new estimates to tenants
- Protect company assets at all times and maintain confidentiality of all sensitive information.
- Property Manager may receive calls after business hours if/when a rental property experiences issues, such as a water leak or other serious problems, and they will need to follow-up on the problem resolution.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, real estate management, business administration preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Not required to start work but must work towards obtaining Property Manager’s license within first three years of employment
- Must be competent with office management software.
- Ability to use a computer, keep a database, and prepare reports; must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
- Must have excellent communication skills; must have strong interpersonal skills; must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Strong knowledge of reporting, maintenance and tenant liaison activities.
- Must have reliable transportation and phone.
- Must be familiar with applicable local, state and federal laws that pertain to property management.
- Must possess problem-solving, decision-making, prioritizing and organization skills.
- Must have business and management skills; ability to take proactive approach to projects.
- Ability to work will in a team environment and coordinate work flow closely with all store directors.
- Must be a self-starter who is capable of managing multiple projects and meeting critical internal and external deadlines.
- Be able to pass a standard drug test and qualify as being drug free under the legal and medical guidelines permitted by the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and use the hands to handle, finger, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 20 pounds carrying boxes of records and forms and frequently exert or lift moderate amounts of weight.
- Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The job requires the ability to travel by car or other ground transportation.
- The work environment is that of a typical office and retail store. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except during field visits where the noise level rises.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.
Northgate Markets is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Northgate Markets will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (Ban the Box Law).
Location: Anaheim, CA
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 23:49:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!