Job title: Real Estate Settlement Attorney
Job description: An excellent client in the greater DC- Baltimore area is seeking a Real Estate Settlement Attorney. The attorney is responsible for the day-to-day examination of title files, reviewing compiled information pertaining to the subject property. The attorney will also review and draft legal documents such as contracts, deeds, and affidavits; resolve curative matters and conduct closings. Must maintain knowledge base for residential and commercial transactions.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct contract review on purchases when the file is opened.
- Completes clean commitments and sends out commitment package to lender.
- Clears and resolves complicated curative matters such as bankruptcies, foreclosures, etc.
- Coordinates with management, processors, searchers, and clients, as needed.
- Contacts buyer/borrower prior to settlement to discuss closing and wiring proceeds.
- Draft contracts for new clients.
- Review commitments for accuracy
- Must have an understanding of title operations, underwriting and state guidelines.
- College degree and Juris Doctorate Degree required.
- Five or more years of experience.
- Member of the Bar, Title Insurance License and Notary Public
- Book of Business
If this sounds like the type of opportunity you see yourself transitioning into next, contact Kaitlyn at [email protected] or reach out via call/text at 605-705-3206.
Expected salary: $100000 – 150000 per year
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 22:35:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!