Job title: Regional Marketing Senior Coordinator
Company: Legal Marketing and Staffing
Job description: Regional Marketing Senior Coordinator
Chicago, IL (hybrid schedule)
Our client is one of the country’ s largest law firms, and still growing! Founded in the midwest, this firm is known for its innovation, strategic practice area growth and its down-to-earth, balanced culture. Employees have lauded the firm’ s commitment to Pro Bono work, DEI and employee-first policies, such as an ongoing commitment to hybrid work schedules and paid caregiver family leave. This combined with the firm’ s financial health and global reach makes it an excellent company to work for in 2022!
The regional marketers (“ RMs”) are those on the “ front lines” of the Marketing Department and act as the go-to person for all marketing efforts driven by their assigned offices or regions. RMs’ projects are primarily driven by the Office Managing Partner(s) (“ OMP”) in their office, and in relation to firm-wide branding campaigns executed locally. In addition, RMs provide support for industry/practice development efforts within their region, in collaboration with Business Development (“ BD”).
This position is responsible for strategically executing various regional and practice group marketing initiatives in the Chicago market. The individual is the senior regional marketer in the region, and as such, must be visible, approachable, flexible, and proactive. The regional marketing supervisor should have a solid understanding of the Chicago business, philanthropic, and political community.
Office Managing Partner (OMP) relationship and elevating the firm brand in Chicago:
- Collaborate directly with the OMP to supervise and oversee all external and client-facing initiatives in the Chicago market
- Support strategic development and tactical deployment of marketing programs that build the brand within the Chicago market including advertising, sponsorships, client educational and entertainment events, and community support initiatives. Leverage broader firm-wide client development and profile-raising efforts
- Manage community support and office-supported practice development sponsorships at the local level, including coordinating ads, branding, attendance at events, and evaluating ROI
- Work with OMP to determine viability of regional market client entertainment requests (such as sporting events) and client receptions. Execute requests according to established best practices, including site selection, mailing list development and circulation of same, tracking RSVPs, logistics for guest reception, on-site management, and follow-up with targets. Regional entertainment may be on behalf of practice groups, OMP, or industry-related groups
- Coordinate with the OMP on regional marketing budget matters. This includes consultation on budget development (defining priority programs for funding); monitoring actual expenditures versus budget; evaluating expenses; (re)classifying expenses; maintaining budget files; contacting Accounts Payable with questions or to request investigation; verifying expenses and invoices; and preparing check requests
- Drive internal communications for the office and report marketing/BD successes
- Work directly with the OMP to monitor competitive developments within the region and recommend marketing responses
- Work with OMP and the office administrative team to develop and implement the office strategic plan
- Implement firm-wide branding campaigns at the local/regional level as assigned
- Gather financial information through various financial report links specific to objectives of requests and synthesize that information into usable presentation formats
- Act as local support for firm-wide initiatives, such as Alumni, Diversity & Inclusion/ Women’ s Initiative, Pro Bono
- Stay abreast of PR activity & initiatives relating to assigned region and connect lawyers with PR team members as matters/projects arise
- Participate in the new attorney onboarding process
- Oversee external local/regional marketing vendor relationships
- Work with in-house Graphics Team to prepare appropriate community support advertisements, invitations, and other collateral designs
- Track attorney board memberships, leadership activity & professional affiliations
Collaboration with Business Development (BD) on Practice and Industry- Driven Projects:
- Organize & execute marketing & BD training for lawyers locally as needed/requested and educate lawyers and secretaries in assigned region regarding new processes
- Lateral recruitment – assist with local elements of the onboarding plan with appropriate PR/Communications and BD team
- Work with BD to gather information on and assess membership opportunities in regional business and/or trade organizations and boards
- Collaborate with BD on region-specific marketing collateral as needed
- Lead all in-person, hybrid, and virtual regional profile-raising & cross-practice events, including community support galas/dinners, office anniversary/milestone events, webinars, internal Senior Management/Executive Committee meetings and regional MCLE Days (multiple- practice) according to established best practices, including: site selection, mailing list development and circulation of same, tracking RSVPs, catering management, logistics for guest reception, on-site management, and follow-up with targets, etc.
- In collaboration with practice group events/seminars, team with BD members with on-site logistics and execution. This would include event registration, conference room reservations, and liaising with guest reception and hospitality
Marketing Liaison role with an assigned Business Inclusion Group (BIG)
- Participating in BIG Leadership Team meetings to share ideas, provide marketing advice, and develop programs and initiatives
- Overseeing the planning, research, coordination, and execution of client-facing BIG events and firm initiatives in collaboration with the DE&I Core Team, other BIGs, and/or external partners
- Collaborating with the BIG Leadership Team to share ideas, develop content, and produce external communications (videos, web content, brochures, social media posts, etc.)
- Collaborating with the BIG Leadership Team to develop its annual budget and strategic plan
- Developing, coordinating, and executing client-facing BIG focus month activities with BIG leadership
- Managing the BIGs’ library of marketing assets, content, and collateral
- Coordinate with the DE&I Core Team to share new BIG content and updates to existing BIG content
- Maintain BIG boilerplate content created for client-facing presentations and proposals
- Working with the various marketing functions (Design, RS Events, Communications, Marketing Solutions, etc.) to produce materials needed for BIG initiatives and make arrangements for client-facing BIG events
Education: College-level training in Marketing or related field or related experience.
Experience: Five plus years experience in Legal Marketing or professional services
preferred in an administrative supervisor or coordinator role requiring
independent work and demonstrated project & personnel leadership.
Skills: Strong computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to work with little supervision. Excellent
communication skills, both written and verbal. Must have high degree of
poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external
contacts. Ability to prioritize workload and solve problems quickly. Must be
able to assist individuals of various levels with needs and problems and
react to difficult situations appropriately.