Job title: Regional Sales Manager, Automation* – Rochester, NY
Company: SCHUNK Intec Inc
Job description: Description:
Join the SCHUNK team! With pioneering spirit and perfection, we are setting benchmarks worldwide in process improvements for our customers. Join a global team of more than 3,500 employees in nine plants and 33 subsidiaries around the world. SCHUNK USA headquarters is located in Morrisville, NC and is home to its own manufacturing facility as well as a state of the art technical training center.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales of Engineered Mechanical Components used for automated workpiece handling to customers in the manufacturing space. The candidate is accountable for account development, management, and building/maintaining strong customer relationships. The candidate will interact with inter-company departments for team support and assistance.
What You Will Do:
- Identifies customer applications and programs that present an opportunity for SCHUNK Automation Component sales. Proposes solutions to these customers and leverages resources from inside sales, respective Director of Sales and distribution partners to achieve sales goals and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for prospecting and managing assigned territory by making customer contact via phone, email and web meetings on a scheduled basis.
- Performs account management daily using CRM system.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on existing or prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Develops and maintains a strong working knowledge of various markets for automated workpiece handling and all products and services sold. Builds and maintains thorough knowledge of SCHUNK Automation Component products as well as competitors’ products.
- Helps build an annual business plan for strategic planning.
- Visits customers and distribution partners at their facilities to perform standard product demonstrations, emphasizes features likely to generate sales.
- Reviews supplied quotations and follows up to meet or exceed quote-hit-rate goal. Meets annual sales expectations ensuring acceptable margins and profit.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and maintains expense reports.
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and call reports up to date through CRM system.
- Coordinates with Director of Sales, customer and distributor training.
- Investigates and works with Director of Sales to resolve customer complaints with SCHUNK Quality department.
- Attends trade shows to represent company as assigned.
- Trains, assists and supports other team members in problem solving and meeting goals. Continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods to improve product/process quality, reduce waste, rework and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
- Responsible for maintaining current technical, interpersonal, and communication skills through continuous development. Attends and actively participates in company sales training classes.
- Applicant must currently live in or move to the Rochester, NY
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A or B.S) from a four-year college or university; or two to four years outside sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated sales skills and sales process knowledge from 3+ years of consultative sales in Manufacturing.
- Technical aptitude in applying mechanical mechanical actuator components into manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with or in the industrial market.
- Ability to meet sales goals and overcome potential rejection inherent to sales environment.
- Ability to use PC applications including spreadsheets, word processing, internet and Email. Ability to use in-house sales/order applications. Working knowledge of iOS is a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to read and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
Travel: Frequent travel through use of company vehicle.
We offer a competitive compensation package and generous employee benefits package that includes individual health insurance for $37 to $53 per month, 18+ days of paid time off, 8 holidays, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, disability, and HSA matching contributions.
Location: Rochester, NY
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:58:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!