Job title: Registered Nurse – Wound Care/ Enterostomal Therapy Specialist
Company: Indian Health Service
Job description: Registered Nurse (RN) – Wound Care/ Enterostomal Therapy Specialist
Indian Health Service – Phoenix, AZ
Salary: $91,173 – $118,518 per year
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR:
This position requires one of the following certifications to be considered qualified for this position. Evidence of meeting this Selective Placement Factor (SPF) must be included in or with your application documents. Applicants will be considered not qualified if the SPF requirement is not met.
- Possess an active, current certification of Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing Certification from an approved accreditation board such as Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB), National Alliance of Wound Care and Ostomy (NAWCO) or American Board of Wound Management (ABWM)
Why Choose IHS:
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program – $20,000 a year!
- 10% evening/night differential
- 25% weekend differential
- 13- 26 days’ vacation
- 13 sick days, 11 Federal Holidays
- Numerous health plans to choose; continue in retirement
- Transfer opportunities-1 license/50 states
- Outstanding Federal Benefits Plan
- Confers with the patient’s physician in developing, implementing and revising the Plan of Treatment, based on initial and ongoing assessments.
- Ensures proactive revision or addition to the plan of care to meet the patient needs as assessed or diagnosed, and as required by policy and procedure.
- Initiates and responds appropriately to contact with /from the patient, physician, primary nurse, case manager, other members of the health care team, in a timely manner as it regards patient/family needs and status changes.
- Ensures that the plan of care incorporates and guides appropriate teaching related to the health maintenance and prevention, safety, and interventions to achieve individualized patient driven goals/outcomes.
- Monitors as requested, the appropriate completion of documentation by primary nurse as part of the leadership responsibility.
- Attends, participates in and/or conducts internal staff development programs, as requested to maintain Standards of Care as required by regulatory agencies.
- Education: A graduate or higher level degree, bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program is required. This education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. In addition to the above requirements, applicants must meet one of the following requirements, OR
- Completed a degree from Foreign Nursing School and have an Official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools.
- Licensure: Applicants must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
ABOUT PHOENIX, ARIZONA Phoenix, AZ is a bustling metropolis that combines the activity of a large city with the beauty of its natural desert landscape. Phoenix has the most land dedicated to parks and preserves of any other major city in the nation. In addition to the gorgeous desert local, Phoenix offers outstanding theater, shopping, dining, museums, and more, many infused with American Indian tradition.
Expected salary: $91173 – 118518 per year
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:41:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!