Job title: Retail Hunting Manager
Job description: Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the SCHEELS team!
The Hunting Full Time Specialty Shop Manager will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service to each customer, while maintaining a specialty shop that meets or exceeds Scheels standards, including meeting sales, inventory, and margin goals.
Salary: $18.00+/hour minimum starting per hour (combination of hourly pay and sales commission)
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Meet or exceed personal sales goals while giving Scheels customers a great experience
- Be knowledgeable to answer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise
- Follow instructions for specific requests from customers, while maintaining safety requirements
- Analyze reports and make decisions about purchasing of inventory, arrangement of merchandise, and sales trends to meet or exceed Scheels standards
- Stock shelves, tables, and counters with merchandise while merchandising to Scheels standards.
- Set up advertising, signs, and merchandise to promote sales
- Communicate professionally with vendors and/or outside sales representatives
- Train associates on the proper use and basic knowledge of merchandise
- Prepare for and facilitate required product knowledge and sales meetings as directed
- Attend weekly required sales and product knowledge training meetings
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels’ policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to perform basic math; perform operations using units of currency, measurements and understanding percentages.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small groups to customers, clients and other employees.
- Ability to work assigned schedule; may include varied hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
High School diploma, or General Education Degree (GED), one to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 11a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available on an every other weekend rotation. Average hours per week is 40 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.
Location: Mankato, MN
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:54:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!