Job title: Rotational Development Program-Manufacturing Engineer Trainee (Automotive Steering Division)
Job description: Company Description
Welcome to Automotive Steering in North America-AS-NA – We are passionate about steering.
Robert Bosch Automotive Steering, LLC is a pacesetter and trendsetter in the field of steering systems for passenger cars and commercial vehicles. Bends, switchbacks, parking spaces, rough roads, slippery road surfaces and sudden lane-change maneuvers – this is our world. We call it steering fascination. We develop technologically sophisticated solutions for our customers at 24 locations in 12 countries and over 15,000 associates worldwide.
Whether Servotronic speed-dependent rack-and-pinion power steering, energy-saving Servolectric electric power steering, active steering, steering columns with memory or low-consumption steering pumps – we set the course for technological change and are a highly capable, experienced partner for the automotive industry.
Three unique locations make up the North American region for Automotive Steering: Florence, KY, Plymouth, MI and Queretaro, Mexico. Our teams in each location work closely to provide excellent support to our internal and external customers.
Bosch’s Rotational Development Program is an 18-month, entry-level rotational program. Our Rotational Development Program is designed for Bachelor’s and Master’s level candidates. Our program puts you on the fast track for professional and leadership opportunities throughout Bosch.
The Rotational Development Program is composed of three to four rotational assignments custom designed to include work in several different technologies with our world class engineering team. The rotations will be customized for you, in the areas of autonomous, connected, and electrified.
The program is designed to allow for the experience of varied work teams and environments. You will be partnered with an executive mentor to provide professional coaching and career guidance as well as a peer mentor to help guide you through the program. You will also gain leadership exposure through structured networking events and targeted training.
At the completion of the 18-month rotational program, this position will be located in Florence, KY.
Minimum Requirements (Must Haves):
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Industrial Engineering,
- 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of one completed internship, co-op, or six months full-time relevant work experience related to your field of study
- Geographically mobile: Candidates must be willing and able to relocate multiple times within the U.S. For example: Kentucky and Plymouth, MI
- Must be authorized to work in the United States – Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization is unavailable under this program.
Highly Preferred Technical Skills:
- 2- 5 years of work experience as a Finance/Cost Analyst or similar to Logistic Cost Analyst
- Familiarity with logistics KPIs (inventory management, freight costs)
- Competent use of systematic problem-solving tools
- Support Engineers in trouble-shooting specific problem areas
- Effectively communicate with different levels of associates and cultures
- Ability to identify, analyze and implement improvements in cost, quality, safety, and delivery.
- Ability to implement Lean Manufacturing principles in existing processes.
- Contribute knowledge of manufacturing processes to Design for Manufacturability activities.
- Process documentation updates (operator instructions, guides, forms, etc.)
- Develop and maintain process documentation such as Set-up Instructions and Work Instructions.
- Lead and/or provide input for the specification, design, build and launch of new processes.
- Participate in procurement, installation, and runoff of new equipment.
- Participate in implementing Engineering Change Requests
- Analyze existing and future production capacity requirements.
- Incorporate needs of Production into project and process activities.
- Provide and maintain project timelines and budgets.
- Support continuous improvement activities to address safety, quality, and productivity for the assigned area.
- Strong analytical skills, high precision, and persuasive personality
- Independent and reliable working style with out of the box thinking
- Very good organization and coordination skills.
- Flexibility and openness to a changing environment.
- Aptitude to evaluate situations to determine when issues need to be investigated or elevated.
- Critical thinker with high ability to focus on details.
- Excellent communication skills
- Healthy level of pragmatism (weighing between business needs and capability of organization to adhere to central requirements)
- By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
- BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
· FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology)
· AWIM (A World In Motion)
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
Location: Florence, KY
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 02:24:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!