Job title: SDM, Content Optimization, Prime Content Engineering
Job description: DESCRIPTION
GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
Over 100 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items.
Key job responsibilities
Our team seeks a talented software development manager who takes great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. We seek technologists who are passionate about operating scaled, highly impactful services at the intersection of Machine Learning, Software Engineering, and Marketing.
A day in the life
As a leader of the team, you will work closely with the business team, scientists, and your SDE’s to envision, design and implement new services and features driven by machine learning models, statistical models, and algorithms. You will design, implement, and deliver highly available, highly scalable experimentation, optimization, and personalization capabilities. You will scale processes to raise the bar on operational excellence and team growth. You will conduct 1:1’s with direct reports as well as partners and earn their trust.
About the team
If you want to work on one of Amazon’s most impactful programs and are passionate about building services that impact millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team is interested in hearing from you.
The Prime Content Engineering team serves personalized, contextually relevant, and useful experiences for each customer at each stage of their Amazon journey in an end-to-end automated manner resulting in accretive Prime outcomes. We achieve this by developing world-class ML-based algorithms and services providing content experimentation, content optimization, personalization, and content automation capabilities.
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Industry experience leading teams building machine learning systems, recommender/ranking systems, and/or multi-armed bandits at scale
- Experience with distributed computing including tools such as EMR, Hadoop, Spark
- Experience building complex and large scale software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Location: Seattle, WA
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 02:47:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!