Job title: Secondary Teacher: CTE Education and Training
Company: Del Valle ISD
Job description: Primary Purpose:
This position is for the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Education & Training program Teacher for Del Valle High School. The candidate will train and develop a new generation of DV students into classroom educators through the Education and Training program of study. They will provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Also, they will enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society. This position is offering a grant stipend of $5,000 for the first two years of implementation.
Master’s Degree in Education or Educational Administration
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsement for subject and level assigned or approved alternative certification program
ESL certification preferred
Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check. Non-refundable fee (approximately $50) paid by employee.
Demonstrated competency in the academic subject area assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to research and develop teaching units
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Student teaching or approved internship or related work experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
(The following statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions that may be assigned or skills that may be required.)
The Educators’ Code of Ethics is set forth in Texas Administrative Code to provide rules for standard practices and ethical conduct toward students, professional colleagues, school officials, parents, and members of the community.
- Rule §247.1 Purpose and Scope; Definitions
- Rule §247.2 Code of Ethics and Standard Practices for Texas Educators
The teacher promotes improvement of instruction through activities such as the following:
- Market and recruit students into the Education and Training program.
- Sponsor an Education related Career and Technical student organization (CTSO).
- Teach an Austin Community College dual credit course(s).
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of the district curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by federal regulations, Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the diverse needs of students assigned.
- Work cooperatively with other teachers to modify curricula as needed for students with special needs (i.e., Special Education, 504, Bilingual).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
The teacher fosters student growth and development through activities such as the following:
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned.
- Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
Classroom Management and Organization Improvement
The teacher works to improve the classroom, school or organization through activities such as the following:
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage students’ behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
Communication and Community Relations
The teacher promotes a positive tone for school or community relations through activities such as the following:
- Be a positive role model for students, support the mission of the district.
- Establish and maintain open communications with parents, students, principals, teachers, and support staff by conducting conferences.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
The teacher participates in professional growth and development through activities such as the following:
- Take part in professional development to build the educator pathway for high school students.
- Participate in national and state level organizations to stay abreast of latest research and best practices.
- Attend professional development opportunities related to designated subject area.
- Read, synthesize, and disseminate research and information related to best practices from books, journals, listservs, websites, and other media formats.
- Attend meetings and participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
Qualities of Effective Teachers
The teacher exhibits qualities such as the following:
- Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, District, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area that could cause an accident and inform supervisor of any conditions that are not correctable immediately.
- Shall comply with district policies, as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Shall comply with the standards of conduct set out in Board Policy DH (Legal) and (Local) and with any other policies, regulations, and guidelines that impose duties, requirements, and standards.
- Follow district safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Supervise assigned teacher aide(s), volunteer(s), and student teachers as assigned.
- Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Computer, computer software programs and peripherals, teacher resource materials and equipment, printer, scanner, copier, fax and other equipment applicable to the position.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Work irregular hour and extended work hours to include holidays and weekends.
- Frequent walking, standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing, lifting, and carrying (may lift and move textbooks and classroom equipment).
- May be required under specific circumstances to provide physical restraint of students in danger of causing harm to themselves or others.
- Occasional district wide and statewide travel.
- Use computer for prolonged period resulting in repetitive hand motion.
- Frequent exposure to: temperature extremes (hot and cold), humidity extremes, noise, low or intense illumination vibration.
- Occasional exposure to: biological hazards (communicable diseases, bacteria, etc.), work outside, work around moving objects or vehicles, work on uneven surfaces.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Job Title : Secondary Teacher: CTE Education and Training
Primary Location : Del Valle High School
Salary Range : $54,000.00 – 66,083 / 187 Days / Salary
Shift Type : Full-Time
Expected salary: $54000 per year
Job date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 05:21:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!