Job title: Senior Account Manager, Advertising and Sponsorship
Company: American Diabetes Association
Job description: The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is looking for a motivated and experienced professional to fill the role of Senior Account Manager, Advertising & Sponsorship, for ADA’s professional publications. ADA’s professional publications include scientific and medical journals, books, compendia, podcasts, and print and digital custom publications, all devoted to providing critical information devoted to diabetes research, care, and treatment.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Professional Publications, the Senior Account Manager is responsible for developing concepts, strategies, and proposals to secure advertising and sponsorship support of ADA professional publications. The Senior Account Manager represents ADA Publications with existing and potential advertising partners and is responsible for generating new relationships through concept design, RFP and sales proposals, and strategic campaign structuring. The ideal candidate has extensive experience with managing national advertising campaigns with pharma and medical-device clients, a demonstrated track record of working with production teams to develop creative concepts to meet client expectations, and experience with developing and managing advertising budgets for publication portfolios. In addition, the ideal candidate is knowledgeable of diabetes and its related complications, and is familiar with the resources, devices, and medications commonly employed to help manage diabetes and related complications.
The candidate must have strong organizational and communication skills; superior customer service skills; and a keen appreciation of and respect for the overall ADA mission. This is a full-time remote position, and the candidate must be comfortable working independently in a virtual team environment.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage all advertising accounts for ADA’s professional publications, with an emphasis on fostering strong, positive client relationships and generating new revenue streams to support the design and delivery of ADA publications and products
- Develop and oversee the advertising revenue budget for ADA professional publications and products, track advertising and sponsorship sales for all publications, generate periodic reports to communicate progress to internal ADA stakeholders, and participate in internal status meetings related to performance against budget
- Develop sponsor-supported strategies and concepts to expand the ADA portfolio, with the goals of creating new forms of outreach to professional audiences, new opportunities and incentives for potential partners, and new vehicles for expanding the delivery of critical diabetes-related information for health care professionals
- Develop advertising kits and marketing plans to promote the ADA portfolio as the premier platform for reaching diabetes professionals and their patients
- Develop and orchestrate sales and sponsorship of custom publications, such as compendia and supplements, podcast series, online video forums, topic collections, and other formats
- Collaborate with external and internal stakeholders on proposal development, project billing, grant submission, and the development, monitoring, and reporting of relevant KPIs
- Perform periodic competitive analyses to assess the reach and performance of ADA publications among diabetes-related health care professionals
- Coordinate with the Publications team on proposal and project management and provide periodic sales reports and updates sales reporting to the Associate Publisher Ad Sales and Sponsorships.
- Monitor and track the diabetes-related pharmaceutical and device to anticipate future campaign proposals and editorial features
- Generate leads for potential bulk sales and licensing of ADA books and other publications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business, marketing, advertising, or a related filed
- 10 or more years of professional experience with managing national advertising campaigns
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Experience with managing national advertising campaigns with pharma and medical-device clients
- Ability to administer advertising-related CRM tools and familiarity with resources to track product pipelines
- Advanced knowledge of diabetes and its related complications, and familiarity with the resources, devices, and medications commonly employed to help manage diabetes and related complications
- Proficiency capturing, processing, and interpreting campaign-related analytics and KPIs
- Knowledge of content tagging and search-engine optimization
- Familiarity with institutional usage reports and access tools
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and XML
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and a commitment to learning in the ever-evolving field of multimedia publishing and advertising
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
This position involves sedentary work in remote setting with possible travel including overnight and occasional weekend stays; and, working primarily with fingers and the whole hand or arm, as in handling, typing, etc.; ability to receive, process, and understand guidelines through spoken language. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
American Diabetes Association recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified persons without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, or status as a protected veteran.
Take Your Career On A Mission
Are you looking for a career that directly impacts your community and beyond?
Over 29 million Americans have diabetes and over 86 million have pre-diabetes. The ADA offers a rewarding career working for one of the premier voluntary health organizations in the world supporting people with Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes.
Our employees like working at the ADA because of our mission, the inclusive environment, work-life balance, our benefits, and our culture. Joining our dedicated team affords the gratification of knowing beyond a doubt that you will impact the lives and well-being of millions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the American Diabetes Association to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To find out more about the ADA as well as other exciting and fulfilling career opportunities please visit us at .
Together We Can Stop Diabetes!
Job date: Thu, 19 May 2022 02:44:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!