Job title: Senior Building Envelope Consultant
Company: ECS Group of Companies
Job description: Job Description:
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Building Envelope Consultant, you have strong leadership skills as well as a great eye for detail. You are heavily skilled both out in the field and working with clients. Leading your team by example is second nature to you – through excellent assessments, studies, and reports. You have a passion for all things Facilities – specialized testing, building envelope consulting, forensic investigation analysis, design of repairs to existing structures, among other facilities-related services. You are extremely hard working and strive to ensure that your team delivers the best quality. You get the “big” picture and want to contribute accordingly – and that’s why you’ll have all the opportunity for career growth within our company you’ll want. For highlights of others who have taken their amazing skills and grown their careers with ECS, click .
You will be part of a dynamic, growing, and energized team – and your role is key to the success of ECS. While your job duties may fluctuate day to day, here are some areas we expect to see you proficient in:
- Testing and consulting services for the built environment, property condition assessments, specialized testing, building envelope consulting, forensic investigation analysis, and design of repairs to existing structures, among other facilities-related services
- Exhibiting responsibility, organization, reliability, time management, and self-motivation
- Preparing reports and proposals
- Overseeing field work and report preparation
- Maintaining and develop a client database
- Managing budgets and prepare invoices
- Mentoring other staff
- Conduct reviews, coaching, and training as needed
- Maintaining appropriate staffing levels
- Promoting a safe workplace and proper use of PPE
What We’re Looking For
- B.Arch or M.Arch accredited by NAAB or BS or MS in Engineering accredited by ABET, Building Science, Construction Management, or related degree accredited college/university
- 6 years of relevant experience in building envelope, structural, code compliance, or facilities consulting
- In lieu of formal education, HS Diploma or GED plus 16 years of experience managing building envelope, structural, code compliance, or facilities consulting projects or providing assessments/investigative services
Who We Are
Founded in 1988, Engineering Consulting Services (ECS) is a leader in geotechnical, construction materials, environmental, and facilities engineering. ECS is currently ranked 38 in Zweig Group’s Hot Firms List (Zweig Group, June 2022), 64 in Engineering News-Record’s Top 500 Design Firms (ENR, April 2022), and 152 in Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms (ENR, July 2021). To learn more about us, click .
We love our employees and we show this through providing some great benefits, including paid time off, health and other insurance plans, retirement and college savings plans, and more. Click to learn more about the great benefits at ECS.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Job date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 22:05:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!