Job title: Senior Insurance Regulatory Analyst
Company: QBE Insurance
Job description: Primary Details Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
At QBE, our purpose is to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions inside and outside of work. From development opportunities, to flexible work options and highly competitive reward and benefits packages, we understand the importance of living our values when it comes to our people. Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our company’s cultural elements – because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference.
This opportunity is accountable for monitoring and communicate regulatory changes to key QBE North America stakeholders and ensure recommendations are implemented to mitigate future risks and ensure best practices. Conduct regulatory research to support business and attorneys as necessary. Contributes to facilitating and closing out various regulatory related matters including market conduct examinations, regulatory audits, investigations, and complaints.
- Monitor new legislative and regulatory activity for designated area of responsibility by utilizing various sources to research and analyze proposed/changing legislation, and translate and communicate to appropriate department. Develop effective partnerships with stakeholders across the organization by sending notifications of insurance regulatory changes. Update new law database and maintain the QBE stakeholder listing to ensure consistent and accurate communication distributions.
- Assist with coordination of market conduct exams by liaising between business units and state Department(s) of Insurance (DOI), attending meetings with state examiner and reviewing business unit responses to exam results and recommendations to ensure accuracy of responses, transfer information and data for key stakeholders and follow-up with business units to ensure recommendations are implemented.
- Support internal and external audits within area of responsibility as needed.
- Provide insight on strategic projects based on subject matter expertise.
- Under the guidance of senior members of Legal and Regulatory, conduct research on regulatory related matters as needed. Within scope and availability, provide regulatory support by reviewing ad-hoc questions and requests.
- Work with business stakeholders to accurately and timely respond to customer complaints received from DOIs. Contribute to managing and updating the DOI customer complaint process including the complaint registry.
- Analyze and confirm with key business stakeholders whether triggers for Holding Company Act or Managing General Agent (MGA) filings have been met.
- Produce and submit any Holding Company or MGA Act filings in a timely fashion by gathering the necessary information and preparing the required affidavits, certificates and/or documents.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Experience: 5 years relevant experience
- Advanced working knowledge of insurance principals and procedures, and insurance regulation.
- Understanding of relevant trends and information within the industry.
- Working knowledge of project management principles, and continuous improvement methodologies.
- Applied knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; and experience working with legal and regulatory resources such as: Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, APCIA, NILS.
- A&H experience preferred.
- Track and analyze up-to-date legal regulations
- Communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
- Think critically to resolve problems
- Manage assigned projects
- Collaborate with internal and external customers
- Build and capitalize on beneficial internal and external relationships
- Manage and prioritize competing responsibilities concurrently and effectively
- Applied knowledge of insurance principals and procedures, policy issuance, insurance regulation and filing requirements
- Working knowledge of legal and regulatory research methodology
- Applied knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access
QBE Cultural DNA
Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our DNA (which interlinks seven cultural elements) – because we know it’s not just what we do that matters, it’s how we do it that makes the difference. We expect all employees to role model and inspire the right behaviors that link to our cultural elements:
- We are customer-centered
- We are technical experts
- We are diverse
- We are fast-paced
- We are courageous
- We are accountable
- We are a team
All employees are expected to adhere to QBE’s Code of Ethics and Conduct and apply sound risk management practices
US Only – Travel Frequency
- Infrequent (approximately 1-4 trips annually)
US Only – Physical Demands
- General office jobs: Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is not substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time. Must be able to operate basic office equipment including telephone, headset and computer. Incumbent must be able to lift basic office equipment up to 20 lbs.
US Only – Disclaimer
- To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
- Individual Contributor
- The duties listed in this job description do not limit the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the duties normally to be performed in the position or those occasionally assigned outside an employee’s normal duties. Our Group Code of Ethics and Conduct addresses the responsibilities we all have at QBE to our company, to each other and to our customers, suppliers, communities and governments. It provides clear guidance to help us to make good judgement calls.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click “Apply” and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
Location: Marblehead, MA
Job date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 05:19:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!