Job title: Senior Manager, Data Engineering
Job description: Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio’s iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount’s film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures’ passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
Working with the Vice President, Sales Planning & Reporting, the Senior Manager, Data Engineering will be responsible for helping streamline processes and improve data infrastructure to support Paramount’s WW Home Entertainment division!
The ideal candidate will be able to work optimally across multiple business functions, and at all levels of the organization. They will have an interest in working in a fast-paced, collaborative corporate environment, be highly self-directed, results-oriented, with meticulous attention to detail, and able to work at both strategic and tactical levels.
Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Expands and maintains Home Entertainment data architecture, ensuring that it meets the needs of this quickly evolving business
- Monitors current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifies future business opportunities for demonstrating data storage and retrieval system capabilities
- Crafts data schemas and innovative solutions that balance flexibility and scalability
- Collaborates with other teams to deliver data solutions that meet technical and business requirements
- Acts as primary liaison and project manager for IT related projects
- Assists in the definition, documentation, and development of data movement across disparate sources
- Recommends and works with partners to implement process improvements
- Mentor a Data Scientist and an Analyst
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Business Systems or Business Administration (Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related field) required
- Minimum of 6-10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience crafting database environments and deploying to production
- Experience developing ETL/Data pipelines
- Proven experience of database design, technologies, and development techniques
- Familiarity with data science and data engineering concepts
- Hands on approach to closing gaps in data infrastructure and technical execution, able to code in SQL and Python
- Experience with cloud computing tools such as Snowflake , Amazon Web Services or Google BigQuery
- Exceptional analytic and quantitative capabilities
- Mastery of SQL (window functions, CTES) with DBT or similar
- Outstanding communications skills with all levels of an organization
- Familiar with Tableau and Microstrategy
- Technically savvy with ability to navigate complex enterprise systems
- Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 03:18:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!