Job title: Senior Manager, Design Assurance -Cardiac Rhythm Management Job
Company: Boston Scientific
Job description: Additional Location(s): N/A
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
Our Senior Design Assurance Manager will lead a team of Engineers in direct support of novel and innovative medical device technology and product development; responsible for ensuring excellent product performance through Reliability Assessment and Design Characterization within the development and troubleshooting processes. This Manager is also responsible for a team of engineers and specialists that assemble cross-functional teams to determine actionable root cause and implement effective solutions for issues impacting commercial product performance. This individual will collaborate and partner with peers and senior leadership in Research & Development, Regulatory, Marketing, Medical Safety, and Quality Assurance teams to achieve optimal results. May serve as a liaison between the company and the various governmental agencies worldwide.
Your responsibilities include:
- People Management: Leads Design Assurance and Reliability Engineering teams on product development and improvement projects of major magnitude and scope. Coach, direct, and develop a high-performing team.
- Technology Leadership: Leads teams on functional deliverables and ensures technical excellence for product or technical development.
- Process Leadership: Champions and expertly drives results based on best practices related to Design Controls, Design Characterization, Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Test Method Design, and Measurement and Analysis Tools to support root cause analysis.
- Develops and implements department strategies; seeks innovative approaches to attaining product performance/reliability goals.
- Provides guidance and training to staff, assists subordinates in attaining career goals, motivates individuals to achieve results, and recruits and maintains a high quality staff.
- Develops department budget and monitors spending.
- Determines appropriate staff levels and schedules. Works with key partners to understand priorities and plan resource allocation accordingly.
- Maintains and enhances cross-functional team relationships.
- Provides significant guidance regarding technical strategies and approaches; works cross-functionally in identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
What we’re looking for in you:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 7+ years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 3+ years of direct management experience with a passion for technical leadership and team development.
- Technical background in technology development and continuous improvement.
- Medical Device or regulated industry experience.
- Strong communications skills. Effectively present complicated technical information to small and large audiences, from peers to senior leadership, with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Advanced degree in a technical field or business
- Technical experience and knowledge of cardiac rhythm management and electrophysiology product families are highly desired.
- Experience with CAPA, FMEA, Reliability Principles, Accelerated Testing, and Design of Experiments
- Regulatory compliance experience in the areas of medical devices, combination products, and analytical methodology
Requisition ID: 539222
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.
Location: Arden Hills, MN
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 06:49:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!