Job title: Senior Manager, Manufacturing and Production Planning
Company: Aerojet Rocketdyne
Job description: Overview
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion. Visit our website at for more information on how our employees Power the Future.
Aerojet Rocketdyne (AR) seeks a Senior Manager, Manufacturing and Production Planning at our office at the West Palm Beach, FL facility. Position will report directly to the West Palm Beach Site Operations Manager.
This position will be responsible for all liquid rocket engine, turbomachinery, and components production at the West Palm Beach (WPB) facility. This position involves leading a team who provide the full spectrum of integration support to the operations teams and programs at the WPB site. Must be able to successfully manage and lead operational processes to achieve 100% safety, quality, schedules and cost targets with uncompromising ethics and compliance. Must have experience to successfully work with Business Units, Program Management and other Centers of Excellence (COE) to efficiently plan, execute and sustain process and product improvements. Requires a positive and teaming leadership style with the ability to lead, train and successfully apply the Aerojet Rocketdyne Business Operating System (ARBOS). The position also requires the ability to strategically plan for and anticipate impacts to schedule, budgets, and customers to achieve results and site performance standards.
This position may be filled at this level or one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
65% – Provide overall Operations Production leadership and management to ensure coordination and alignment with site, multiple programs, and facility schedules:
- Track progress of program commitments and understand the overall progress of each program assembly activity (quality, productivity, on-time schedule, etc.). Lead and implement strategies for overall process improvements.
- Read and understand reports, financial statements, budgets etc. Plan and monitor operations movement as related to production cycles. Work across cross-functional teams to complete schedules on-time. Monitor execution of schedules & start times. Adjust schedules to get back on track when production falls behind. Work with program managers and other internal customers to meet the product requirements.
- Project out greater than 30 days and adjust schedules as necessary. Close any communication gaps between operations and programs. Interact between planning and procurement to obtain the needed reports to indicate delivery of all assembly, sub-assembly and supplier items as necessary to meet delivery and performance standard requirements.
20% – Provide leadership and direction to team members in communications and strategies to mitigate risks, set yearly goals and objectives, conduct performance assessments, defining roles and responsibilities and provide overall guidance on Company and Customer policies and procedures. Provide coaching and mentoring for career development and advancement of team members.
15% – Work with the site management team to provide strategic leadership to continually evolve and enhance site/operations efforts.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or related field with 14 years of related experience or an equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Strong leadership, problem solving, and written/verbal communication skills are required.
- The candidate must have a track record that demonstrates he/she: 1) is a highly motivated team player, 2) consistently meets his/her commitments, 3) has the ability to motivate and inspire change, and 4) possesses the skills to coach/mentor individuals to work effectively in a government and commercial facility environment under time and budget constraints.
- Travel 10% or less.
- US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- Experience with Operation’s Schedules.
- Experience working in an equivalent Operations environment.
- Experience with managing professional level team members.
- Possess proven leadership capabilities including knowledge and experience that has been proven on major programs.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 may be a condition of employment at Aerojet Rocketdyne. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Aerojet Rocketdyne will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Will require the ability to travel by air or auto. Will require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Location: Jupiter, FL
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 01:58:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!