Job title: Senior Manager, Regional Transportation Operations – Logistics (East Division)
Job description: Position Summary…
What you’ll do…
The Senior Manager, Regional Transportation Operations – Logistics (East Division) will be responsible for implementing financial improvements and executing the Transportation financial, budget, and capital expenditure plans for the region as well as analyzing P&L results. Someone in this role will have strong leadership skills, the ability to direct all transportation operations, and remove barriers for the field transportation team. The role is located in Bentonville, Arkansas with flexibility on location for the right candidate, and reports to the Vice President, Private Fleet Operations.
What you’ll do….
- Conduct equipment capacity planning and dedicated carrier management by staffing and sourcing dedicated needs for key peak season and normal shortfall in transportation capacity
- Support vendor backhaul business and conducts analysis of profitable lanes of freight for the region
- Direct transportation operations, creates audit tools to ensure compliance with Walmart policies and federal/state/local laws and DOT regulations, and guides regional transportation teams through emergency and disaster relief operations
- Removes barrier confronting field transportation teams and aids in problem identification and resolution
- Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects and identifies customer and operational needs
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates through selection and training, mentoring, assigning duties, building a team-based work environment, and establishing performance expectations, among other duties
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives and consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you…
- Quickly respond and support changes required by Walmart to continually drive the business forward while also understanding and challenging established understandings to streamline effective change
- Adapt to competing demands and overlapping priorities and can quickly understand the impact of change to our business
- Proactively build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to remove barriers in delivering customer/associate value, service and support
- Encourage accountability, use effective time management, have personal organization, and build trust, confidence, and the reputation of the Transportation team
- Can set clear expectations and goals and helps internal and external teams to achieve targets.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you’ll quickly find we’re a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world’s most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you’ll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you’ll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field and 4 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management (e.g., Industrial Engineering, Transportation, Logistics) or related field OR 6 years’ experience in Supply Chain Management or related field. 1 year’s experience with word processing or database applications (e.g., MS-Office, Excel, Access).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location… 311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
Hello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
Crystal Bridges Museum
Celebrate the American spirit in a setting that unites the beauty of art and the power of nature.
Walton Arts Center
Arkansas’ premiere center for visual arts and entertainment.
An interactive children’s museum that’s fun for the whole family.
42 acres of premiere public garden space.
Devil’s Den State Park
Located on 2,500 acres, Devil’s Den State Park is the perfect place to explore Arkansas’ natural beauty.
The best of shopping and restaurants, right in the heart of Fayetteville.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off – to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can’t work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see .
Location: Bentonville, AR
Job date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 07:48:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!