Job title: Senior Manager Technology Hybrid Cloud Network Engineering and Transformation Detroit Metro or Dallas
Job description: Welcome!
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one.
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School diploma or GED and 14 years of experience
- 10 years of experience leading large, complex/critical technology projects
- 10 years of relevant experience incl. hands-on network engineering experience
- 8 years of experience influencing strategy for large organizations
- 6 years of experience managing others
This position is not eligible for sponsorship. Must have indefinite employment authorization
Senior Manager Technology – Hybrid Cloud Network Engineering and Transformation
The Senior Manager Technology is accountable for delivering a resilient, cost efficient, and digital friendly hybrid cloud infrastructure, that is always-on, ever-green, and self-healing. As a senior leader, he / she will provide:
- A bold vision to transform the network architecture toward simplicity, automation, and resiliency.
- Execution discipline of planning, executing to plan, and proactiveness to issue resolution and risk mitigation.
- Leadership to attract & build a strong team with core competencies in Palo Alto, checkpoint, F5, AWS and Azure networking (e.g. VPC, VNet) technologies.
- Develop a culture of learning, openness, pursuit of truth and excellence, and collaboration.
- Leadership to build strong partnership with business domain, application domain, operations and the CISO organizations.
- Orchestrated process and intuitional capabilities to proactively meet all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Reduce network complexity by 5x.
- Reduce P1 and P2 incidents by 10x.
- Enhance resiliency and completely eliminate single point of failure.
- A strong integrated partner ecosystem to technology, process and key SMEs.
- Systematically manage network technology lifecycle, refresh and transform to enable digital capabilities with leading networking solutions.
- Partner with corporate functional leaders and execute a technology strategy that will enhance overall business capabilities.
- Stay abreast of technology industry trends and best practices.
- Continuously transform the organization to increase efficiencies and reduce overall expense.
- Partner with innovation team to test and learn emerging technology and its viable applicability to enhance corporate business capabilities.
Delivery Planning and Execution
- Reduce time to market by utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Provides insights on risks based on broad experience. Develops project risk profile, mitigation plan and contingency plan.
Technology/Operational/ Risk Control
- Lead integration and synergy between architecture/technology planning and development initiatives, providing direction and decisions in application development to support platforms.
- Cultivate good system management disciplines including clearly defined and documented roles and responsibilities, documented phase processes and checkpoint and detailed planning for system deployment.
- Ensures compliance and control activities support technology and enterprise business objectives and are aligned with executive risk tolerances and expectations.
- Ensures processes and controls within assigned area to enhance performance, security, reliability and availability of systems.
- Drive a continuous improvement and compliant culture through documented policies, procedures and architecture.
- Complete 90% of projects within 5-10% of approved funding and 1 month of baselined completion date.
- Create, prioritize, plan and execute portfolio/product roadmaps through collaboration with Product Management and DevOps, including the on-going resequencing of projects in the portfolio roadmap as priorities shift.
- Leads large size technical project teams or programs that span the enterprise.
- Manage the financials of the assigned area with attention to the details of budgets while exhibiting a strict cost discipline and financial performance.
- Manage and develop team cultivating a spirit of one team with shared goals and objectives.
- Select, motivate and retain high performing talent.
- Work with senior leaders to evolve culture and organizational behavior, elevating technology into a strategic partner.
- Act as the principal technology advisor to corporate organizations and a champion for identifying, leading and driving information technology transformation.
8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
Auburn Hills Operations Center, Plano
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background and fingerprint check.
NMLS certification requirement: where applicable, a favorable background check screening, credit check, fingerprint check, and NMLS certification is required in accordance with the SAFE Act.
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth Management. Comerica’s more than 9,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 03:17:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!