Job title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer- Sports Medicine (1 of 2)
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Job description: Job Description:
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Sports Medicine, Arthroscopic, and Digital Surgery, located in a DePuy Synthes located in Raynham, MA; Warsaw, IN; West Chester, PA; Cork, Ireland; or Leeds, UK.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
This engineer will support Suppliers Manufacturing Implants & Instruments for DePuy Synthes Sports Medicine Platform, Mitek. They will be responsible for supporting product life cycle changes to ensure full supply chain continuity of our arthroscopic and digital surgery platform including process improvements; process and product verifications and validations; component obsolescence and replacement; resolution of product quality events, supply shortage/outages, and technical issues; and product/component transfers to new supply point as needed. The process engineer will partner and collaborate with Supplier Quality and Procurement to improve supplier reliability, resolve technical issues that affect Quality or Delivery of product, and reduce cost of manufacturing.
- Deliver Supplier Reliability through Process/Technical Issue Remediation
- Proactively address component obsolescence through product revision, finding acceptable replacement/substitution components to mitigate supply chain outages
- Lead Process Development and Improvement at Suppliers
- Lead Product Transfers at Suppliers
- Complete Quality System requirements for Supplier Activities including: manufacturing process information, Change Orders, PFMEA, engineering studies, verification/validation protocols and reports
- Support Quality Event Resolution
- Support Supplier Process Verification/Validation
- Support Raw Material/Part Drawing Reviews and Changes
- Support Test Equipment Validation and Gauge R&R
- Develop project timeline and tasks to be completed as part of supplier projects
- Develop strategic alliances across functions, business units and geographic boundaries to achieve effective outcomes over the long-term
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
- Route and approve Supplier Non-conformances and Corrective actions as required
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 4 years of manufacturing, quality engineering, or manufacturing or process engineering experience
- Strong understanding of process engineering
- Ability to work with Suppliers and their employees (operations, engineers, and managers) to resolve problems and make improvements
- Read drawings/part prints
- Write and understand technical documents
- Strong problem solving skills
- Lean Engineering knowledge
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international
- Preferred degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Project management skills are helpful
- Experience is CNC 5 Axis Machining
- Experience in Investment Casting or Foundry
- Experience with Cleanlines, Sterlization, and/or Packaging.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Certification in Six Sigma or Statistical Engineering.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Indiana-Warsaw-700 Orthopaedic Drive
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork-Cork, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, United Kingdom-England-Leeds
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 02:04:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!