Job title: Senior Medical Science Director
Company: Compass Consulting
Job description: Our client is a leading biotechnology company that discovers, develops, manufactures and commercializes medicines to treat patients with serious or life-threatening medical conditions. They are among the world’ s leading biotech companies, with multiple products on the market and a promising development pipeline.
- The Senior Medical Science Director at the Company puts patients and science at the center of all actions and drives medical strategy and tactics aimed at maximizing medical progress.
- He/she collaborates to drive timely data generation and dissemination, is expected to maintain an in-depth understanding of the medical strategy and relevant clinical and payer issues, while ensuring the Company’ s partners understand key trends and shifts in the external healthcare landscape.
- He/she serves as the guardian for high standards of compliance, ethics and safety.
- This role is organized within a network of experts, and therefore may at any time be performing a variety of medical activities, as needed.
- We are seeking a Senior Medical Science Director to focus initially on the areas of Immunology, Thrombolytics and Oncology/Established Products, and join the Medical Affairs network of scientists at the Company.
- This individual will provide clinical and scientific expertise for medical affairs activities with an aim of generating and communicating medical evidence that helps practitioners, patients and payers make good health care decisions.
- The successful candidate exhibits outstanding communication, strong ability to collaborate cross functionally, flexibility in prioritizing work and builds strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- This individual will be responsible for the execution of one or more of the following medical activities:
- Design, execute, and monitor medical strategies, plans and tactics spanning the lifecycle
- Clinical data generation design and management.
- Thought leader interactions.
- Sponsored and supported trials.
- Registries, exploratory data analysis.
- Medical content creation and review.
- Scientific exchange/engagement and scientific communications/collaborations
- Medical education.
- Scientific congress planning and support.
- Evaluate, synthesize, and visualize clinical and economic data and develop written scientific communication.
- Identify access-related medical issues and opportunities.
- Actively participate and contribute to relevant communities of practice.
- Key Responsibilities for all Senior Medical Science Directors:
- Depending upon areas of assignment for specific activities or molecules, disease/therapeutic areas or for the full portfolio, acting as a medical individual for relevant study design and monitoring, data interpretation, medical content development and review, scientific exchange and collaboration, clinical training and insights generation to internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Accountable for implementing strategy through medical tactics, tapping into the network of relevant expertise and insights.
- Contribute medical expertise to the Company work products and coach/mentor others as needed.
- Facilitate sharing of information within, across and outside of Medical Affairs to enable medical progress.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of relevant medical strategy and clinical, patient/caregiver, payer and healthcare/market landscape.
- Act as a guardian for high standards of compliance, ethics and safety; putting patients at the center of all actions.
- Strong customer orientation/focus.
- Ability to flex and thrive in an ambiguous environment undergoing transformational change.
- Works well within teams and is effective in collaborating with others internally and externally.
- Agile analytical and problem-solving capabilities and skills. Has demonstrated the ability to anticipate and solve problems of moderate complexity and scope e.g., evaluate, interpret and present highly complex data.
- Communication and presentation skills; highly effective at summarizing and presenting key considerations and decision-points
- Strong business acumen: knows the industry, key competitors, marketplace factors/dynamics.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and efficiently.
- Strong attention-to-detail is essential for the job.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills; can effectively and quickly establish rapport with all key internal/external partners and stakeholders and influence without authority.
- Good negotiation skills: can drive discussions and decisions towards desired results.
- Very good understanding of legal, compliance, and regulatory considerations impacting pharma/biotech industry and ability and judgment to apply principles to daily activities.
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings.
- Advanced Clinical/Science Degree Required (e.g., M.D., PharmD, PhD, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in US Medical Affairs in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry.
- Experience in multiple therapeutic areas highly desired.
- Understanding of and/or previous experience with Phase I – III and/or Phase IV drug development.
- Experience with Medical monitoring.
- Considerable experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and clinical relevance, and medical writing.
- Proven record in developing strong relationships with external constituents (therapeutic area experts, external organizations, etc.) preferred.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 22:52:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!