Job title: Senior Operational Risk Officer – Consumer Banking
Company: Texas Capital Bank
Job description: At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
This role reports into the Operational Risk Management Department as a part of Texas Capital Bank’s Second Line of Defense organization. It will serve as the second line of defense independent challenge function covering all aspects of Operational Risk for the bank’s Commercial Banking, Treasury Services, and Payment Products lines of business. This role will perform 2LOD functions required to support Operational Risk Management Programs including RCSAs, pRCSAs, KRIs and Risk Appetite metrics, Loss Events, Emerging Risks, Tops Risks, Policy/Process Map/Procedure Reviews, Risk Tiering, New Initiatives Risk Assessment, Issues Management, Committee reporting, and other executive level reporting as needed. This role also will work with many stakeholders across the business, operations, and other Risk groups on a daily basis.
- Review and Challenge individual Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSAs) for covered Risk Assessment Units (RAUs) based on organizational reporting structure
- Ensure that the most significant operational risks are identified and documented appropriately in the RCSAs / the bank’s Archer GRC Tool, and are rated reasonably for their levels of inherent risk, quality of risk management, and residual risk
- Identify control design gaps, and control enhancement opportunities, and improve the documentation of controls that are in the bank’s control inventory, by utilizing available information such as business overviews, process maps and procedures, etc., and building relationships and having regular ongoing dialogue with relevant stakeholders across the organization
- Work with other risk program owners / Internal Audit to ensure that there is one control inventory for the bank maintained in Archer
- Conduct training and communication activities to support LOB / First Line of Defense participants
- Identify new and emerging operational risks applicable to the LOBs, and needed new controls or enhancements to current controls
- Facilitate meaningful risk and control conversations with LOB’s senior and executive management on a regular basis through compiling risk information packages and PowerPoint presentations, that summarize results across multiple risk management programs
- Perform required functions across all applicable risk programs such as Issues Management, etc.
- Work directly in the bank’s Archer GRC Tool
- Other Ad-Hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics etc. and 3 years of experience, or 5-7 years of financial services experience, preferably in operational risk management, or internal audit related to RCSAs, KRIs, Internal / External Losses, Scenario Analysis, organizational Change Management, and/or program strategic design and execution
- Specific knowledge or experience within the Financial Services industry – Treasury and Payment Products specific experience is preferred
- Specific knowledge or experience with risk management frameworks, common assessment methodology, corporate governance, process improvement, financial services, and Project Management
- Excellent communication skills and a team player, comfortable conversing with executive level audience to articulate requirements of the risk management programs, and influence decision making
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships across business, functions, and lines of defense
- Ability to quickly understand end-to-end processes of complex business operations through multiple channels of information gathering, to identify risks, process gaps, and collaborate with stakeholders to problem-solve, and lead issue through full resolution
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Access products to effectively structure and manage large amounts of data and perform basic financial analysis aimed at risk identification
- Expert skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with Archer GRC tool is a plus
Location: Richardson, TX
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 04:26:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!