Job title: Senior Project Engineering Manager – Offshore
Job description: You can expect a lot from a career at Worley
Together, our nearly 60,000 people across 60 countries have already achieved many industry firsts. And we’ve broken several records along the way.
We’re excited about the challenges ahead as the energy transition gathers pace. If you ask us, there’s never been a more rewarding time to work in the energy, chemical and resources sectors.
- Establishes the project framework for delivering engineering and design and provides cross-discipline coordination/supervision by directing project execution activities and discipline deliverable creation for one large or several smaller projects.
- Accountable for the safe/sustainable engineering, quality, cost and schedule delivery of all work by the engineering team on the project.
- Ensures team member adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of legal requirements and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Ensures checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Participates in project execution strategy and planning.
- Drives innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Owns the engineering plan and project scope/cost/time requirements, makes certain the discipline teams meet expectations, and coordinates the disciplines to ensure project success.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with other members of the Project Management Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Plans inter-discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Seeks input from knowledgeable sources and monitors that constructability, operability, and maintainability reviews are incorporated into engineering/design.
- Works with site personnel to resolve issues.
- May create plans or documents that supports construction, testing, commissioning, operations, maintenance, or decommissioning.
- May provide or lead on-site support for construction, commissioning, or turn over.
- Typically has 20+ years of relevant discipline experience and 5+ years as a Project Engineering Manager on large scale projects.
- At least 10+ years in offshore project design, execution, construction, hookup and commissioning.
- Preferred experience in multiple types of offshore applications that could include, but not limited to (i.e.: Spars, FPSO, GoM, Artic, deep water, etc.)
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us. If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it’s time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 23:35:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!