Job title: Senior Project Manager (Civil Engineering Firm)
Company: AKS Engineering & Forestry
Job description: Job Summary
AKS Engineering & Forestry is looking to expand into the Tri-Cities area. Existing clients with work in the region are asking the company to establish an office in the area to provide civil engineering, land surveying, land use planning, construction support, and other services. AKS is seeking a professional civil engineer or professional land surveyor to lead the new office as a Senior Project Manager and Branch Office Manager. You will be responsible for establishing the firm’s presence in the area and serve in a hands-on project management role. You will be supported by other firm principals and multidisciplinary task leads who will provide support for the office. This opening is ideal for a registered professional engineer or land surveyor who is ready to take the next step in their career and manage an office. The position also has opportunities for firm ownership.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Land Surveying or equivalent degree (required)
- Oregon or Washington Civil Engineer’s License or Professional Land Surveyor (required)
- 6+ years of experience in civil engineering project management related to private land development projects
- Ability to identify and pursue business development opportunities
- Knowledge and familiarity with local codes and agency standards
- Proven reputation for outstanding client service
- Basic understanding of financial reports, solid time management, and follow‐through skills, and the proven ability to manage a multi‐disciplinary team with a positive, flexible approach.
- Various civil engineering technical skills required including good organizational skills
- Proven project management skills
- Experience with operations and team leadership
- Strong understanding of financial management
- Ability to build consensus and relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including proposal writing
- Self‐motivated, proactive, and detail‐oriented
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Reputation for high level of client service
- Civil 3D and/or MicroStation/InRoads design experience a plus
Job Functions & Responsibilities: You will hit the ground running by providing project management of site development projects in the area. Depending on your background and interest, you will help determine the portfolio of work for the region which could include residential, industrial, commercial, education, recreational, and/or public works projects. You will work closely with professional and management staff in other offices to support the needs of your office. You will be rewarded for taking a proactive approach to managing, effectively handling multiple priorities, maintaining relationships with clients, and producing high quality work. If you are a highly motivated individual who takes pride in your work and wants to provide clients with the highest level of quality and service, then you will want to talk with us. Specific responsibilities of this job include:
- Taking care of existing clients and projects already in progress
- Managing projects from start to finish
- Overseeing professional engineering and/or professional surveying services as applicable
- Stamping final deliverables as applicable
- Ensuring project deliverables meet the company’s high quality control standards by providing QA/QC reviews
- Identifying and pursuing new opportunities in providing services for projects
- Interviewing and hiring staff
- Networking with clients, agency personnel, contractors, subconsultants, and colleagues to build/maintain professional alliances in the region
- Building and promoting the company culture that focuses on client service and high quality work
- Maintaining relationships with clients to develop future opportunities
- Overseeing office budgeting, reporting, and workload planning
- Developing and managing all components of projects from proposal through construction including scope, budget, and schedule
- Providing technical leadership for project team
- Coordinating with other in-house disciplines, as well as outside subconsultants
- Managing and mentoring staff
- Doing what needs to be done
AKS is a consulting firm that serves a combination of public and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, landscape architecture, arboriculture, natural resources, and forestry. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including landowners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and 25 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. AKS is consistently ranked among the top ten largest engineering firms in the Portland metropolitan area. Despite our growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain our focus on quality. Visit our website at for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. In fact, AKS was recognized by The Oregonian as one of the Top Workplaces in both 2018 and 2019. We specifically place our offices closer to where our employees live providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization. This philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow while staying true to our values. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyone’s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Pasco, WA
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 00:11:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!