Job title: Senior Project Manager, Professional Services
Company: Spirent Communications
Job description: Job Title
Senior Project Manager, Professional Services
Exempt/Non-Exempt (US Only)
IR35 Legislation (UK Only)
Home Office, US
The Spirent Global Business Services is seeking a Senior Project Manager to be an integral member of our Services Solutions team. In this role, you will report to the manager of the Project Management Office (PMO) and lead deployments of our Spirent Solutions for network equipment and service provider companies. You will leverage your knowledge of software project management and delivery, network technologies, and hands-on management skills to lead project teams to successfully integrate Spirent Products and Services. You will work collaboratively with a cross-matrix project team to ensure the solution is deployed on time, on budget and that it meets the customer’s expectations.
Spirent. Promise. Assured.
Spirent is the leading global provider of automated test and assurance solutions for networks, cybersecurity, and positioning. Our innovative portfolio of products and services addresses the test, assurance, and automation challenges of a new generation of technologies: 5G, SD-WAN, Cloud, Autonomous Vehicles, and beyond. Each year we assure the promises that more than 1,500 customers worldwide make to their customers, spanning communications, transportation, government, defense, aerospace, financial services, healthcare, retail, and more. Our network, cybersecurity, and positioning experts work closely with customers to understand their needs and deliver solutions that cover their entire technology lifecycle, from the lab to real-world deployment.
Why Spirent?… Because together we can shape tomorrow
Spirent is its people! When you join the Spirent team, you will join forces and work alongside some of the most passionate and greatest subject matter experts in the industry. Here, you will find a place where you can grow, think, explore, create, and make change happen in an innovative and creative environment. Success is important to us, and so is your personal well-being. At Spirent, you will love the work and life balance experience!
- Responsible for the overall management and delivery of professional service engagements.
- Manages customer expectations throughout the project delivery through regular project status meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Manages multiple project deliveries simultaneously.
- Manages the development and definition of the proposal and statement of work (SOW) documents for customer engagements using Spirent’s LSA implementation methodology. This includes ensuring clarity of the delivery requirements, roles, and responsibilities as written into the SOW for all stakeholders.
- Manages the creation of the project plan based on the SOW or project contract with the Project Architect and/or Technical Lead. This includes outlining and defining task assignments, milestones, and the duration of delivery.
- Communicate individual roles and project expectations and serve as a single point of contact for the project.
- Motivate and mentor the project team and ensure they get the right direction to execute the project as per the project plan. This includes monitoring the budget and costs documented and agreed upon within the Statement of Work and/or project contract. This also includes gaining acceptance from the customer for completed milestones and deliveries as specified in the SOW.
- Track and provide regular status updates on project issues, customer escalations, identifies and mitigates risks, and scope creep to all stakeholders.
- Organizes and leads kick-off presentations, discovery, readiness, and status meetings with the customer and internal stakeholders, sales, account managers, and the delivery team.
- Manages the project close-out process to include documenting the project implementation specifics and conducts a lesson learned review along with a warm transition to the support team as needed.
- Act as a change agent to build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree with a technical focus is a plus.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified.
- Previous work at professional services or consulting groups.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously and can handle stress well.
- Positive, customer-focused attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence, and gain commitment at all levels of the organization.
- Good change management skills, flexible and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to lead virtual meetings effectively by web/phone.
- Strong collaboration skills needed to coordinate closely with multiple teams to get things done.
- Ability to influence and must have great negotiation skills.
- Able to think in terms of the “big picture” and has strong business acumen.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent client-facing communications skills.
- Extensive experience with MS Office tools suite.
Job date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 23:47:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!