Job title: Senior Property Accountant, Investment Administration & Reporting | Real Estate Solutions
Company: FTI Consulting
Job description: About the Role
In FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment, we focus on our clients’ strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional challenges faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
We provide outsourced accounting services to both public and private companies, including REITs, mortgage finance companies, real estate private equity funds, developers and operators. The Property Accountant is responsible for providing property accounting services to our clients.
Accounting & Reporting:
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly property accounting financial reporting (including accruals, journal entries, monthly financial statements, working papers, variance explanations, compliance, as applicable)
- Independently handle property accounting with varying levels of complexity
- Initiate cash transactions and record corresponding general ledger entries (e.g. accounts payable, cash receipts) for specific clients
- Analyze cash and distribute or request funds in accordance with client’s policy taking into consideration critical payments such as property taxes, sales tax, utilities, loan payments
- Participate in the lease administration process and monthly billings
- Prepare monthly property reporting in compliance with required client accounting department property policies and procedures
- Prepare property analytical reports, as applicable
- Correspond with Client Property Management and Asset Management departments surrounding property accounting matters, including the financial reporting
- Communicate effectively and build partnerships with clients and colleagues
- Complete or participate in the annual budget and re-forecasting processes for client assets
- Complete or participate in the annual operating expense reconciliation process, as applicable
- Prepare pro-rations and support closing statements for acquisition or disposition of properties
- Prepare related tax work for properties and provide to the third-party tax preparer on a timely basis
- Lead or contribute to ad hoc or special accounting projects such as implementation of accounting software, transaction or business process review, new client or property transitions, and other financial reporting and asset management reporting assistance
- Support investment acquisition and disposition activities
- Participate in client meetings and trainings as required
- Ensure adherence to client’s internal and external audit standards
- Participate in client’s external audit process
- Liaise with clients and assist them on accounting and administrative issues and relevant developments
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or relevant experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Excel
- Ability to understand and communicate ideas in English clearly and effectively both verbally and in written communications
- Ability to take responsibility for various aspects of projects as well as the ability to suggest improvements and enhancements
- Self-directed and motivated, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work style that can prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments independently or as part of a team and meet tight deadlines
- This role may require travel to clients and FTI offices
- COVID Vaccine required*
*Individuals seeking an exemption from this requirement for medical or religious reasons should complete a request for accommodation form by contacting
How You’ll Grow
Direct access to leadership with defined long-term planning will ensure continued success and career trajectory with direct development. Having the opportunity to partner with our internal teams and diverse clients will help with continued growth in new and complex functional areas.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange and has been recognized as a Best Firm to Work For by Consulting magazine and one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms by Forbes. For more information, visit and connect with us on ( ), and .
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Citizenship Status: Not Applicable
- Exempt or Non-Exempt?: Exempt
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 06:43:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!